Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

My 2015 bow

<< < (16/19) > >>

Badger:
Chrono results not good.

Had perfect light for chrono today and was getting consistent readings. Bow started off great 192fps, 190 fps  187 fps  176 fps   168 fps 166 fps and leveled off. Bow dropped 6# nd 1 1/2" reflex shooting in. It dropped that same amount while tillering. Because the weight dropped the grains per pound went up so at 10 grains per pound it leveled off at about 172. I think the design is just a little too aggressive for wood. Perfect tillerig would have probably worked. I had a total loss of reflex of about 4" from where I had started. I always figure about 1 1/2" and I am good, at 4 I know I am toast.

sleek:
Steve, thats proof of concept. Perhaps a bit wider inside would help?

Badger:
  I feel like the design is viable enough, I went pretty wide with the osage as it was 2/1/4".

Battle is not over yet. I reheated the bow back into it's orginal reflexed form and am retillering using the no set method best I can.

Here is the new force draw. I took it as far as I could until the bow started to drop weight. The number on the right is the number I got on rechecking my weight once I got to 14". It started dropping weight so early there may be nothing I can do or not much. I will see.

8"   14.4#
9"      19.2#
10"    22.4#    20.8#  ( 1.6# loss from compression damage)
11"    25#
12"    26.4#
13"    28.2#
14"    29.4#

sleek:
Longer bow in order to go furter back with less damage?

Aussie Yeoman:
Steve,

did you ever get to take a picture of either of these bows at full draw?

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version