Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

My 2015 bow

<< < (11/19) > >>

Badger:
DC, ocean spray would do great in that design. The only problem would be that you will have a hard timew finding one with no crown that yu can keep wide. If you go a bit less reflex maybe 3" max and allow a bit more working limb it should make a killer bow. More like Marks bow above.
I wouldn't even attempt that style if I couldn't have a flat bending portion in the limb.

sleek:
Elm could do it crowned,  but I havent been able to get it to bend that well for reflex.

Badger:
   You think so Sleek? I haven't run into a wood yet That I feel could do it crowned. Elm is a good candidate for large diameter trees which have very low crowns but I think it would need to be 3" wide minimum. Several factors at work you may not fully understand.

sleek:
Hehe, "I reserve the right to be wrong " should be my tag line. But yes, in all respect to you Badger, I think it can. I have done some retarded stuff with elm that held when it shouldnt have. Though you are probably right about forces I dont fully understand.  For fun of it, im going elm hunting this weekend to golive it a try. Elm holds an advantage with interlocking grain.

Badger:
  If holding together is your goal you should do it easily with elm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version