Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

My 2015 bow

<< < (9/19) > >>

blackhawk:
Sweet....that's right up my alley. Those types aren't easy for anyone to make,you or me,or anyone else. There always a booger to line up,and I'd make more if they weren't such a pain sometimes. Looks like its time to narrow your outers and put some string bridges on to keep the string on and lose some mass in your outers? I know thats a smooth drawing rig there.

Badger:
  Falcon, I am going to build a slightly heavier version and concentrate on that. I am going to set this one aside for flite shooting. I have destroyed more good flight bows testing them than I like to think about. It is kind of a jinx. Whether or not it actually did hit 200 is not so important because I feel like the math and the physics behind it easily allow for a 200 fps shot. This means I can build another one a little bit better and more refined.

Besides that if I did hit it where would I go from there? It would be like jumping off a cliff. I have been chasing it for so many years I feel like it would be the end of something if I finally caught it. The thought of raising the bar to 210 is amost terrifying my stubborness and inability to let go of something borders on being self destructive! LOL. I am just going to settle for I think I may have hit it.

Badger:
  Blackhawk, interesting comments almost worthy of a chapter initself. Because of a minor change in design I will go into a lot of the problems with long highly reflexed curves just goes away. Anybody could easily build it. No need to narrow the tips either. A simple design variation makes the bow a lot more tolerant of outer tip mass.

I am going to start a seperate thread on outer tip mass you may want to jump into.

Del the cat:
V impressive, I still have to break the 200fps with any bow or arrow weight (I think! As I never chrono'd the 100# Elm warbow with a flight arrow, as I was scared of shooting the chrono :o)
Del

Marc St Louis:

--- Quote from: Del the cat on January 08, 2015, 01:40:26 pm ---V impressive, I still have to break the 200fps with any bow or arrow weight (I think! As I never chrono'd the 100# Elm warbow with a flight arrow, as I was scared of shooting the chrono :o)
Del

--- End quote ---

I think Steve has done that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version