Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Flight Warbow?

<< < (3/4) > >>

WillS:
Sounds gorgeous.  Would be a ridiculous shame if governing bodies didn't allow it, but it seems to be the way things are at the moment.

I spose the best option is to make it anyway, and take it along without asking questions and IF you get chucked out, start a brand new society :P

Lukasz Nawalny:
I have made last time flight arrow for 50 lb longbow - Ipe looks perfect for me on longbow flight arrows - 29 inch arrow 6,8 mm max diameter, 26 gram static spine 40. I think 7-8 GPP its minimum for " D" section longbows

Del the cat:
Yeah arrows is a whole new ball game. I've only tried maple and cedar so far :(
Del

Buckeye Guy:
Del
at least you have one thing going your way that fiberstuff really does not give an advantage on really long bows as far as performance goes
hope you get in and do well , but that may be what the officials are afraid of that wrote the rules
Have fun

Del the cat:
Cheers guys...
I think I may just build what I fancy and plough my own furrow. I'm thinking of buying a laser rangefinder with some money I found under the Christmas tree ;D
I'm not too keen on rules and societies. If I can find somewhere safe to sneak out and shoot half a dozen arrows, that may well suit me. Being "official ::)" doesn't actually effect how far the arrow goes!
Anyone got any specific recommendations on rangefinders?
I have a nice square of thin steel plate off the back of an old cooker which will make a nice target for the laser... stand that on the shooting line, walk to arrow, measure back to laser target :)
Del

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version