Author Topic: Reporting In, but not quite ready for Duty...  (Read 7409 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Reporting In, but not quite ready for Duty...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 07:21:50 am »
Thanks for the update, sounds like a tough old bird. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 09:20:56 pm »
Happy to hear the good news my friend ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 04:39:16 pm »
Was there any report on the condition of the hog?   >:D

You tell that ornery old so-and-so that we are all very happy to hear how he is doing and we are continueing to pray for him. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 09:41:23 pm »

Glad to hear your Uncle is back on his feet, and doing therapy.  Sometimes sheer determination, is what makes us keep on keeping on when all looks bleak.  So is there any idea when he is having a viewing, or an appreciation of rides, for his Bike?  So how many relatives, first ran down to the Hog, and butchered, what they could salvage, and then on to the hospital to see your Uncle?  I mean it was on the way, right? ;D ;D
Really glad that things turned out well for your Uncle.  I sure hope that you have gotten all this crap, out of the way, and will have smooth sailing for the New Year!
     I wish all the best for you and your family, and Your Uncle and his family also.  Have a very Merry Christmas, and Healthy, Happy, Safe, and Prosperous New Year!
                                    Wayne

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 03:49:26 pm »
Thank You Fellas...

I Hear Ya...

On Friday of the First Week, after Labor Day...
Once I knew he was Stable, I had to come home and wash cloths, refuel (Spiritually) and check in with my Immediate Family... So I drove the Route of the Crash Site, Trash Bag, Surgical Gloves and a Sharp Blade in hand, looking for the Hog... Planning to at least take the Head and Leg Bones.
My plan was to do a European Mount with the head and incorporate the other Bones into several other projects for Uncle Bryan, Walking Stick-Cane and a Bow...

I also have this Thing, I Need to Walk the Accident Site, to piece together the Crash for myself...
I've done this since I was a kid... You might be surprised what can be learned by doing this...
And I've lost count of the Crash Sites I've walked, Family, Friends and Mine...   ::)

In any event, I found the site, but the Hog was Nowhere to be seen.
Though I did see Photos of the Dead Hog.
In walking the Site, it was clear he Never Saw the Hog.
No Rubber Skid Marks we're in evidence, only long Scrape Marks of a Sliding Motorcycle.
Blood Trail where the Hog was Hit, and where it came to rest.
And a good distance down the skid path of the Bike, a Blood Trail where Uncle Bryan came to rest against a barbedwire fence and had begun to move back towards where the Bike stopped.
Even though my walk of the site was four days after the crash, the lack of Rain and Lay of The Land made it pretty easy to read what went down.

In the end the Bike was Totaled and the Hog was Gone who knows where...
And Aunt Teresa, Bryan's Wife and Tenacious Advocate, is still working up the Total Cost of the Accident... Looking like it will be close to, or just Over, One Million Dollars... Which I do not doubt.
Thank The Maker, Bryan has Good Insurance through the Railroad(BNSF) where he works.

I'm Finishing Up a New Bodark Walking Cane for him for Christmas.
He'll need it for a While... But soon enough he should be able to hang it on the wall as Art... ;)

I'll start on a Bodark Bow for him after New Years...
I have some Hog Bone from a nice size Piggy that Mr George shot at the Burlington Knapp In last year to add as Accents.

I'm with You Fellas...
In Hoping-Praying that 2015 brings a Less Eventful Year...
Don't want to do another 2014...

Wishing You All a Very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Yule and a Happy, Healthy Prosperous New Year!!!

-gus

"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 06:00:40 pm »
Million dollar man!  However, he may have a new opinion on pork sliders in the future.  And again, be sure to let him know we are pulling for him from all over the 'net.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 08:30:10 pm »
Yes Sir JW,

I have and will again let him know that a Lot of Good PA Folks have been Pulling and Praying for him...  :)

Being a Land Owner and Cattleman, he already had a "Stop The Truck to Shoot a Hog" mind set...
After coming back to himself post Crash, he has me Researching Thermal Sights to mount on our AR's... We aim to Increase Contact with the local Hog Population.

Best Wishes,

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 08:26:54 pm »
Talk to gstoneberg about night sights for squeelers.  He has a lot of personal experience.