Author Topic: 2014 christmas trade received  (Read 33152 times)

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: 2014 christmas trade received
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2015, 11:59:45 pm »
I received a box from Kevin Hawkins today, whole pile of old files, steel and some Damascus, I'm super stoked, thanks man!! I'll get some pics up tomorrow.  Duck
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2015, 01:16:10 am »
I found that skull last summer, I told jordo it's make a nice stand
That it will!  Ill find a place to display it where everyone can enjoy it  8)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2015, 11:56:06 am »
thats the first knapped knife ive ever made so you got THE jordan original lol. i tried doing a nice fancy stand with an osage stump but it just didnt want to work.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2015, 12:14:29 pm »
Received my gift from agd68.. Will post pics later
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2015, 01:34:47 pm »
thats the first knapped knife ive ever made so you got THE jordan original lol. i tried doing a nice fancy stand with an osage stump but it just didnt want to work.
  Thank you,  I like it  :)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Stoker

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2015, 04:32:34 pm »
From agd68.. The coolest arrow rake.. Not that I miss the odd target...  O:)
Thanks I really like it..
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline sleek

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2015, 04:39:17 pm »
I recieved my gift from killer duck a few days ago. Been on the road and sick too much to post when I got it. The knives he sent me arent the first of his I own. Honestly,  if you ever get a chance to own one of his blades jump on it, he makes good ones.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline BarredOwl

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2015, 11:43:26 pm »
Got my trade gift from Bluegill68 yesterday.  He e-mailed me last week and told me he had gotten my name for the trade and told me he would be bringing it to me on Tuesday and apologized for being so late.  I was betting he had made me a bow so I waited all week trying to imagine what he might bring me.  Well Tuesday came and he showed up, and we talked bows a little and he asked if I was ready to see what he had for me.  We went out to his truck and under his camper shell was the best gift a new bowyer could probably ever get, a brand new shave horse fresh out of his shop.  I drooled over it for a while and he then he pulled an Osage stave out of the back and said you got to have a good piece of wood to use with that thing.  I remarked that the Osage appeared to be very dark and asked him how long ago it had been split.  He said he had split that stave about 15 years ago.  I got the best gift I could have gotten!  I mean, what a gift!  Pics to come as soon as I get a chance to post one.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2015, 11:14:08 pm »
Yeah, BO, Sean is a great guy. Can't wait to see a pic of your new pony!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sleek

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2015, 10:53:59 am »
I received a box from Kevin Hawkins today, whole pile of old files, steel and some Damascus, I'm super stoked, thanks man!! I'll get some pics up tomorrow.  Duck

Did you find the opals I sent?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2015, 10:58:44 am »
Yep I found them, thanks a bunch.   Duck
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2015, 04:01:45 pm »
I got my Christmas Trade gifts from BLaflair, a cool shorty osage stave with kicked tips and a cool arrow, maybe red osier with a very nice stone point...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2015, 05:44:18 pm »
The point is from simnolewind, red oiser dogwood shaft, bull snake accent. Wanted to make the stave into a bow, my heat gun apparently checked out for good, so I sent what I had where I was. I'm sure I'll take care of her pat
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2015, 06:17:28 pm »
No problem Bruce. I'll enjoy working that little stave.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BarredOwl

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2015, 12:56:28 pm »
I was hoping to post an action photo but can't find a camera operator at the right time so far so you just get a photo of it sitting there.