Author Topic: Archery program  (Read 2740 times)

gene roberts

Archery program
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:21 pm »
Hey,My dad is starting an archery program at my school.The bows and targets just came in.

tradrick

Re: Archery program
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 08:15:17 pm »
Thats great Gene.What school/county in Alabama do you go to.tradrick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:09:08 am »
I have started hearing more about "archery in the schools" programs. I'm glad to see folks are using their heads again instead of their emotions. Archery has a lot to offer kids that are looking for something but don't know what. It teacher patience, self control and you are rewarded with a beautiful creation that you yourself created. Accomplishment!  It even works on us old timers. ;) 8) 8) 8)        Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Rich Saffold

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:37:55 am »
Not to mention physics, eye-hand coordination, focus/concentration development, fun, and how to deal with the mean  dogs in your neighborhood :D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 07:47:11 am »
They started in some schools up here in the UP a few yews ago, I think its a great program even
if they use wheels ;) Hoping our school district will start up a program, our town recieved a grant
for a recreation area and it includes an archery range, opens this spring ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI