Author Topic: Having Trouble  (Read 1952 times)

Offline nlester

Having Trouble
« on: December 06, 2014, 05:33:14 pm »
I've got a piece of hedge that has some twist at the tips.  It's 57" long, I reflexed it, and flipped the tips.  I've been hogging wood off of him.  He's floor tillered and I've had him bend on the long string, not a lot, but some.  However, I can't get him strung to low brace height to continue tillering.  Everytime I try to string him, it just spins in my hand.  The tips are a little off, but he feels like it's still way to stiff to bend.  The limbs look like they should start bending more though.  I'm assuming with the added reflex and flipped tips, it's just gonna take more time?!  :-\  Asking for advice.  Thanks

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: Having Trouble
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 08:49:02 pm »
i bend mine on the long string to about brace height,, and get as even as possible(keeping in mind it will look different strung)
if the bow is difficult,( or heavy draw weight), I tie on temp nocks(below the real nocks) to put a long string on ,, bend it to brace height with the long string and put the real string on the real nocks,,, I have a feeling your bow may be too stiff to string now,, but just guessing

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 08:56:52 pm »
If you can load some pictures, it would help on giving advice
Johnny
in Texas

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 06:06:43 pm »
Grab it at your full arm span in each hand,put the handle on the front of your knee and bend it with a "rowing" motion.  if that part doesn't want to roll or twist, the problem is the tips.  If it does, look for uneven side to side thickness and crown placement issues.  If it doesn't bend, it is simply still too stiff.