Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

turkish

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lukasz Nawalny:
Actual world record in primitive turkish is 430 yards, so over 400 yards it looks like big challenge. But I dont find info about draw weight  Jozef Monus turkish bow
http://kusznictwo.org/fora/download/file.php?id=81&mode=view

Badger:
  I was there when he shot that record. I think you will find the Turkish records have not had serious challenges in recent years. Good evidence is indicating that arrow flight rather than bow performance is the limiting factor at this point. I am convinced that a 50# wood bow can surpass the 400 mark. The turkish bows are faster than the wood bows in this class. Chrono speeds durring tests show that bows shooting around 220 fps can hit 350 yards, yet bows shooting at 260 fps are hitting well below that. So the arrows need some work. If they don't come out of the bow straight they loose all their velocity.

Lukasz Nawalny:
We have in Poland in April 2015 oficial flight tournament. I want ask about world records. If anyone beat record it will be mark ? What is procedure?

Badger:
  Allen case is our flight committee chairman. He may be able to advise you on how to become sanctioned and recognised. You would have to have officials qualified to weigh and determine a bows eligibility to fall into a class. You would also need to use accepted measuring methods. It would be nice if you could get an official from a santioned organization to attend your event. What you are doing is a very important step in developing this sport. You can also have national records for classes your group decides to compete with. How soon is your event? We have flight rules on line you can refer to. A few of the classes may not be shown as they are not current.

Lukasz Nawalny:
April 2015,oficial polish championship , tournament under the patronage Polish Traditional Archery Association http://www.lucznicytradycyjni.org/pl/ only for traditional bows - modern and natural materials. Traditional target, horseback and combat archery is very popular in Poland and Im sure flight archery be soon popular too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version