Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

turkish

(1/4) > >>

Lukasz Nawalny:
Here are few of my turkish hornbows.http://www.fotosik.pl/u/robbin/zdjecie/1/album/1708304 . This black one is only 32 lb at 27 inch. My wife on first polish flight championship shoot 239,5 meter, it is only 6 meter to actual flight world record in category 35 lb modern asiatic style. Last time I have made ultra light flight arrow for this one - only 100 grain , made of tapered tonkin - 26 inch 5,3 mm diameter. Arrow was not best,  to soft . I will make better soon, but I shoot last weekend on this lightweight turkish 273 metres with wind on 100 grain arrow. I Wonder 300 metres is possible? This bow without leather is 80 lb at 26 inch , strong and short. I want make 24,5 inch arrow and shoot in 70 lb category in next year. problem is - I dont shoot thumbring  :)

Badger:
  Thats great, you might try close to 200 grains. Sometimes too little mass has a hard time overcomming the fletches.

Badger:
  With that heavier bow you can expect to be getting over 400 yards if you properly tune the arrow to the bow, get a good release and have a proper arrow.

Peacebow_Coos:
Beautiful work Lukasz, I really like the paint job there that's intricate

Aaron H:
Beautiful, the detail is incredible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version