Author Topic: May be my final post  (Read 5162 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
May be my final post
« on: November 18, 2014, 04:35:29 pm »
Just would like to let every one know, that this could be my final post on PA.  I got the results back from my CT SCAN yesterday, confirming that I have Cerebellar Ataxia.  Over time, I will or can, loose most of my motor skills.  Walking, driving, able to stand up with out falling and on and on.  No way to tell how soon, or how bad it can get, that is out of the doctors and my control.  There is no cure, as of now, so it is what it is.

I spend more time trying to correct spelling on my post, that I used to typing it.  My eye sight will not let me read very good so all this will eventually come to a close.

I just want to say to every one a huge thank you for being part of my life, and sharing what we all love to do.  Unfortunately, my time has all but come to a close as far as being able to do anything archery related, hunting, fishing and just about any thing actually.

I will never forget what some of you have done for me, and cherished every minute that I had a chance to share time with you..  Some I have never met, and never will, but again I thank you for the most wonderful ride I could have ever taken.

My one goal in life way to make it to a classic.  I made two of them. and can recall almost every minute of those trips.  So wonderful to share with all of you.

So if you don't see me around, just know you all are still in my thoughts and will ever be so.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:39:56 pm by stringstretcher »

Offline burchett.donald

Re: May be my final post
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:13:13 pm »
  Prayers being sent for you...
                                                        Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 05:17:44 pm »
Charlie, real tough news.  Wishing the very best possible for you.
Want ya to know that I learned great deal from your postings in the "Veritas Dowel Cutter to make wooden arrow shafts" thread.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:22:06 pm »
That's some rough news, really sorry to hear that.

Offline bow101

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 07:56:29 pm »
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 08:42:20 pm »
Makes me want to cry and us old Indians never cry!  Lost one of my boyhood friends today and my brother is in really bad shape.  Hard not to wonder about the fairness of life?  You have my prayers and I will get my pipe out for a hopeful blessing for you!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Tower

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 09:12:34 pm »
Sir, it it is an honor to know & converse with you on this forum. The day that your input is no longer possible, we well feel a great loss.  I pray your time with PA is long & drawn out. I hope we never read a post without your wisdom & opinion. I will prey for your good health &  us all.   I haven't heard a fat lady sing! 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:27:44 pm by Tower »
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline dueb

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 09:43:10 pm »
I wish you the best, friend.
If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it: Every arrow that flies feels the pull of the earth.
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Offline wildman

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 10:06:01 pm »
Charlie , It was a pleasure to meet and converse with you , as well as share on here. I have a very nice ipe/boo bow you traded me at the Classic for an old piece of Ky osage. I will cherish the bow and the conversation. best wishes and prayers to you my friend.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 05:09:48 am »
You are in my thoughts and prayers daily Charlie.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 08:54:22 am »
Keep your chin up charlie. ....now who's gonna haggle me at the classic about if I'm done yet on the stick im working on and started another  :laugh:

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 09:26:18 am »
Charlie, we met briefly a couple of Classics ago, and I am the better for it.  Not the best of news to be sure, but try to stay positive.  We are all rooting for you.  God bless.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Adam

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 09:49:07 am »
I'm praying for you sir.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 10:07:39 am »
My warmest thought's and prayer's to you.
I hope to meet you at the Classic some day.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 10:15:10 am »
Charlie,  your posts got me into the primitive side of archery.  Thanks for that.
Keep on living the life you've got.  You've been a blessing up 'til now and I know you'll keep touching lives even with this diagnosis.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018