Author Topic: Getting in the mood  (Read 1294 times)

Offline mhof86

Getting in the mood
« on: November 13, 2014, 07:48:44 pm »
Not that mood... Haha but seriously I am curious what do you guys have going in the background while working on a bow (or in my case trying to turn a hunk of wood into something that might fling an arrow).

To me there is nothing better than coming home and turning on some really relaxing music and working in the garage for an hour or so on my current project.

Recently I have been listening to Incendio (not a promo for them or anything I stumbled onto them through another channel on pandora). It has almost a Mediterranean feel to it and really gets the stress out for me.

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Getting in the mood
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:34:28 pm »
I mostly work by an open fire if it's cold out or in the silence of the shop otherwise.  I guess I'm just always in the mood to work on something primitive.  The cooler weather definitely gets me in the mood though.  It's difficult for me to get into it during the summer when just walking out the door drenches you in sweat.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline lenador

Re: Getting in the mood
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 09:57:14 pm »
I definitely like firing up the wood burner in the shop and working on projects better than the heat in the summer. But as far as music goes I have to have music. I listen to everything from outlaw country, to sublime, to led zeppelin, to pearl jam. I appreciate meaningful music.
Failure isn't a loss unless you cease to move forward from it.