Author Topic: Some people.......  (Read 7920 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Some people.......
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 02:01:27 pm »
...and the problem with getting even is it will snowball and get out of hand easily. Better to ignore his ignorance.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 02:40:26 pm »
Thanks so much guys for the encouragement! You all have made me feel like one of you all.
So he has been going around all day showing off his pictures and videos to a bunch of people including me. He finally spoke up and said something in front of the rest of the guys I work with. That time it ticked me off. So I opened my wallet, pulled out my tags and flipped over the one that has my conservation tella check conformation number and date on it. Laid it on the table, he picks it up and shakes his head and says huh! I said, got anything to say now. He said yeah, I apologize. I said for what, like I was talking to a 3 year old. He said, loud enough for everyone to hear, For calling you a liar!
I said, no problem, just thought you would like to see my tags. I picked it up and put them back in my wallet and went on with my conversation like nothing happened. It's hard for a grown man to apologize, especially in front of his peers.

Ps, I put steel plates in his tool bag too! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 03:27:07 pm »
Haha yeah I'm probly not the guy u wanna listen to >:D
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline bow101

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 05:23:59 pm »
You know it's surprising what you find will hurt your feelings.

Saturday morning I went out hunting with my uncle. I borrowed a recurve and some arrows from a guy I know. (i don't have anything ready to hunt with) I haven't bow hunted in some time. But I hunt deer a lot with a rifle and my Hawkins. To make a long story short me and my uncle with his wheelie bow managed to both take a buck. I'm not a boaster about killing big deer but this is the first one with a recurve in several years. So I took a picture of them hanging in my uncles shop and text it to a few buddies and to a couple guy's I work with that hunt. I got the usual responses, good job, nice buck, and some meat for the freezer. With the exception of one guy I work with. He said I call bs! I thought he was just joking because that's the way he is. He then wanted me to send him a pic of me holding up the horns. I said I don't have a pic like that I didn't think it was important. Then he replied a few things that I won't post here. And pretty much called me a liar. I told him that I don't need any fancy poses with my deer. All I'm going to do is eat it and throw the horns on a shelf. He said then my statement stands till I could show him proof.
I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. Some people just get under your skin. People like this use to make me mad. But the older I get the more it eats at my integrity... Rant over I guess.

Anyways it was a nice 8 point and I made a good shot and he didn't run far. The back straps tasted good too. Patrick

Nice hunt by the way.
I hear ya, years ago it would of bothered me, its not the doubt, its the ignorance of trying to pick a fight.  Back in the day I would fight.  This is the nice thing about getting old...... ;)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline bubby

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 05:27:17 pm »
Ha!!!!  That will break him from sucking eggs, for awhile, but leopards don't change their spots.and he'll be back at it before long
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 07:19:14 pm »
Thanks for all of your comments guys! You all are great. I don't plan on including him in any more of outdoor adventures. He is a pretty arrogant person always boasting about stuff he does. I really have no need for someone like that.

I figured you all are probably wondering in the back of your mind about the deer I got. Well I'll share the picture. Mine is the one on the right.

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline coxral

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 06:10:25 pm »
Congrats on your critter! Just ask your buddy if he has your phone #, then politely say ' lose it'. Move yourself forward!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »
Thanks bud! Patrick

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 08:44:52 pm »
Funny how we all know someone like this and despite what little stock we put in their words, how they can get under your skin. 

Next time he decides to take a cut at someone with his "enlightened" opinions from atop his high horse, quietly ask him about the time he called you a liar to your face and how he had to eat those words with a large portion of road-killed crow.

If the rest of your friends ask why you don't include this guy, a simple description of his behavior should suffice. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 08:59:45 pm »
Your right JW! Looking back it was pretty sweet to hear him apologize in front of all of the guys at work.

You know I'm a pretty nice guy, guess I could have offered him a beer to wash down the crow! Patrick

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 09:27:33 pm »
Just remember this when the guy blows steam:

Some "hunters" like bragging a lot
And scorn you the game that you got
They claim, "Aw that's nothin'!"
With huffin' and puffin'
To hide that they missed the shot
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 10:10:13 pm »
That's  awesome Dharma! I'll remember that! Patrick

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 10:38:10 pm »
Nice buck.

I've "removed" enough critters from work that nobody doubts any of my hunting pictures or stories.  When you carry a live possum into the office by the tail you are pretty much known as the animal guy.  Plus when I kill a deer I usually still have blood on my shoes the next day at work  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2014, 10:58:12 pm »
Nice buck.
  Plus when I kill a deer I usually still have blood on my shoes the next day at work  ;D

Thanks Osage!

I actually blew water out my nose when I read that part! Patrick

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 09:38:59 am »
  You only have to prove yourself to yourself... Congrats on your kill...
                                                                                                                     Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;