Author Topic: Some people.......  (Read 7918 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Some people.......
« on: November 04, 2014, 12:10:36 am »
You know it's surprising what you find will hurt your feelings.

Saturday morning I went out hunting with my uncle. I borrowed a recurve and some arrows from a guy I know. (i don't have anything ready to hunt with) I haven't bow hunted in some time. But I hunt deer a lot with a rifle and my Hawkins. To make a long story short me and my uncle with his wheelie bow managed to both take a buck. I'm not a boaster about killing big deer but this is the first one with a recurve in several years. So I took a picture of them hanging in my uncles shop and text it to a few buddies and to a couple guy's I work with that hunt. I got the usual responses, good job, nice buck, and some meat for the freezer. With the exception of one guy I work with. He said I call bs! I thought he was just joking because that's the way he is. He then wanted me to send him a pic of me holding up the horns. I said I don't have a pic like that I didn't think it was important. Then he replied a few things that I won't post here. And pretty much called me a liar. I told him that I don't need any fancy poses with my deer. All I'm going to do is eat it and throw the horns on a shelf. He said then my statement stands till I could show him proof.
I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. Some people just get under your skin. People like this use to make me mad. But the older I get the more it eats at my integrity... Rant over I guess.

Anyways it was a nice 8 point and I made a good shot and he didn't run far. The back straps tasted good too. Patrick
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:14:04 am by lebhuntfish »
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline okie64

Re: Some people.......
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 12:19:02 am »
Congrats on the deer! Dont let it bother ya too much, some people are just that way.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 12:29:40 am »
Fill his desk drawers with packing peanuts then superglue them shut. When he has to jerk the drawer open with all his strength, the drawer falls out and spills the packing peanuts everywhere. Otherwise, supergluing packets of mustard on to the desktop are nice reminders to be social. If he doesn't have a desk, Bhut Jolokia pepper sauce is always good for a laugh if he's the kind of guy who likes to help himself to other peoples' food in the lunchroom. If he's the kind of guy who likes to "call BS" on stuff, he'll be just the guy to take the bet that you've got hot wings too hot for him to eat. You know, what, skip the Bhut Jolokia. Go right to Trinidad Scorpion for the floater. "I make hot wings so hot, no one is tough enough to eat them." He'll rise to that bait, I warrant. Then he'll learn an important lesson in fire discipline for the mouth. So to speak. We pulled better pranks in the army, but I'm assuming you don't have access to CS tear gas grenades.  >:D
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline wildman

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 12:31:24 am »
Shoot him in the buttocks with a bunny blunt! >:D I do not condone such means, wait yes I do! >:D Congrats on the deer.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 01:15:28 am »
Tell him to pound sand, you have nothing to prove to some dill hole that probably Photoshop.s all his achievements
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 01:19:53 am »
Thanks a lot guys I needed a good laugh. In fact I woke my wife up laughing. Well she sighed and told me to go to sleep.

I work in industrial maintenance. He has a back pack tool bag that I think will get a few steel plates added to the bottom of if. He actually packs it on his back.
I like the hot wings idea but he is a woos so I think I will switch his pepper out for some hobinero powder that my boss eats.
The bunny blunt is an awesome idea but I would have no way to execute that. But we do have security guards at work that carries the stun guns like the police have. He swears it won't hurt as bad as people let on. It might be worth 20 bucks to find out.
Bubby, I did tell him I didn't have anything to prove to him and if he doesn't believe me then he could, well you know. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 04:58:10 am »
congrats on your deer hunt.  I hunt primitive, stone points, self bow etc.  Sometimes I get the same type of crap.  You just have to over look it.  some folks just don't get it.

Offline looper

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 07:18:19 am »
I wouldn't waste one ounce of energy on that guy. He's obviously got some issues. Just go about your business and don't bother including him in any of it. JMO.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 08:38:03 am »
His reaction suggests that this is something he would do or has done himself
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 09:10:06 am »
I can't post my usual response here due to posting guidelines, but the basic gist is Who cares. I work with a bunch of guys who don't hunt, and a bunch of guys who do. The non hunters like to give one of the hunters a hard time because he doesn't shoot a deer every year. He is the type of guy that will take off his shoes and stalk a deer for hours, and not shoot if he doesn't have a clean kill shot. He is a very ethical hunter. My suggestion is to make some jerky to share at work and not give him any.  >:D But I am a jerk like that!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 09:11:09 am »
I wouldn't waste one ounce of energy on that guy. He's obviously got some issues. Just go about your business and don't bother including him in any of it. JMO.
yep.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 09:32:04 am »
Patrick, enjoy your success and don't give that guy a second thought. You'll never change him and he ain't worth worrying about anyway. If you acknowledge his actions he will continue. When he comes across negatively just walk without a word like he's not even there.
 Congratulations on your harvest.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Marks

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 10:28:47 am »
My suggestion is to make some jerky to share at work and not give him any.  >:D But I am a jerk like that!

I like this idea. Make a big batch of deer jerky and share with all your coworkers. When he asks for some, say What jerky??? I didn't kill a deer remember?
Don't let the jealousy of others bring you down when you accomplish something.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 10:51:01 am »
Give him the "golden squirrel" as proof! It's something removed from a buck, gonna keep it pg. put it right on the seat of his truck.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 11:31:50 am »
Congrats on the buck.  Don't give it a second thought.  It will let him know that he doesn't have the power to control your emotions, only you do.