Author Topic: Nock point  (Read 1038 times)

Offline DC

Nock point
« on: October 17, 2014, 05:24:50 pm »
What are the pro's and con's of putting the nock point above the arrow, below the arrow or both?

Offline bow101

Re: Nock point
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 06:29:56 pm »
Some people put it above some below, I guess its whatever suits your fancy. I put it above I shoot split and like to push up on the arrow.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline aaron

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:51:08 pm »
I used to go with the nock point under, but now I do over and under. That way there can be no mistake and no movement during the shot. Slomotion video shows that the arrow can slide around after the release but before it leaves the bow. I use tie on nocks made from string serving material. This is lighter and less bulky than brass crimp on nocks. The only downside I see is in using arrows with different sized nocks. If the two string nocks fit snugly around a plastic nock, they may be too narrow for a wood self nock.
Ilwaco, Washington, USA
"Good wood makes great bows, but bad wood makes great bowyers"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:17:29 pm »
I nock an arrow above the nock point. When I was learning about archery most of the books were old. Back then everyone used a back quiver. They could grab an arrow by the nock, feel the index for proper arrow orientation and placed it on the string and slide it down the string onto the nock then draw and shoot all in one smooth motion. Sounded cool to me so I started nocking over and have eve since.
 Some folks nock under so they can hang the bow while on stand. If you nocked your arrow above the arrow would flip off the bow. I just lay my bow across my lap with an arrow nocked and selector switch on auto!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC