Author Topic: Facebook friends  (Read 1005 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Facebook friends
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:46:26 pm »
Hello. I'm sure ya'll noticed, but I'm not on Facebook anymore. I miss the PA folks. I needed to refocus on things going on in my little world.

The short story is that well it's not easy to take a stand. During interviews for other teachers with the school district my wife and I work for they:

Asked the candidates if they had children
Would bring their children to school with them in order for th district to get the ADA money from the state (about $5,200 per student
Lived in the small town in which the district is in.

The 2nd in command gave the directive that local people must be hired. And ultimately the district hired a person based on them living in the small town and because of ties to the community, instead of hiring the most qualified candidate.

Of course none of that is legal, moral or unethical. I filed a Whistleblower grievance and my professional life got really interesting.  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: Facebook friends
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:02:54 am »
So sorry for that Cip! So sorry! The world we live in is not a nice place as it was intended to be. I have missed you and your class there. Good luck friend!

Offline Rick Wallace

Re: Facebook friends
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 01:13:57 am »
Wonderd where you went.  ;)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does