Main Discussion Area > Horn Bows

Apprentice Horn Bowyer :)

(1/3) > >>

Benn_of_Trades:
Hello all,
  I am completely new to bow making with horn. I have made many bows from staves, boards and even some pvc ones ( not a fan of pvc at all). I would like to learn to all that I can to make horn bows, but alas I cannot find a good source for information on this subject, Everything I find is sketchy or so limited I am unsure how to begin or even were or what materials to use. I could really use some time of Step by step guide or book on how to master this craft. If anyone has any information for me I would greatly appreciate your insight and knowledge.

mikekeswick:
Adam Karpowzi's book is a 100% must have. http://www.ottoman-turkish-bows.com/
I cannot recommend this book more highly.

mullet:
The only problem is you will have to find one that is used, get someone to loan you it, or read German. There are not any left in English.

blackhawk:
In your other thread you mention only making a few bows? And here you state you've made many?  ??? Wood you care to share and show these bows you've made ;) it can be hard to judge experience level by self biased hearsay only  ::)  ;)

Hope this isn't another case of you can be anything ya want to be on the interwebs... ::) 

Benn_of_Trades:
Hmm I will have to do some searching for that book since I do not speak or read German. I do appreciate the information and references from everyone so far thank you.

@Blackhawk I am sorry for poor word choice in my other posting. I have only about 2 years of bow making experience I can look and see if we have some pictures laying around or have my family members that I made these bows for to send me some if it will help you, help me in some way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version