Author Topic: On a serious note, could use some prayers.  (Read 8684 times)

Offline sleek

Re: On a serious note, could use some prayers.
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2014, 11:58:10 am »
JW, heres wishin you well. I have a bulging disc in my lower back from the navy, lucky for me I get a little money for my troubles. Add that to a crooked spine, and younger time in my life bull ridding and other youthful activities, as well as being a mechanic, I have frequent problems. I wore a back brace for a bit but be careful,  your back muscles get weak if you wear it all the time. Ditto on the wallet.

Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline wildman

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »
Hope you get lined out , JW and you would make a horrible politician.( Way to honest)
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline JEB

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2014, 02:43:12 pm »
JW, I was helping my cousin tear down a corn crib and the ladder started to go and I grabbed for it. Missed the ladder and my back went out immediately.  I went to the doctor and he prescribed all kinds  of therapy and heat treatments.  As I was leaving a therapy session which was located across from the YFCA there was a sign that read, new message therapist.  I thought what the hell and walked over.  Because she was new to the YFCA she could get me right in. I told her  what I did to my back.  I laid down and she slowly checked over my back and then rolled up a wash cloth and told me to bite on it as I was going to need it. I did as she asked and after one half hour she had every knot worked out of my back.  I never had to go back to the doctor for therapy after that one visit.

Give that prescription  some thought.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2014, 03:30:58 pm »
I have a friend that is a trained and licensed massage therapist.  When I am NOT hurting, a 90 minute session gets her about halfway thru my back.  This would be an all day, bring an extra lunch, sort of job for her.  She also brings a portable table TO MY HOUSE to do the work.  She's da bestest!

Yesterday's hike into the woods to place the game cam had it's ups and downs (very funny joke to those that have hiked anywhere in the Black Hills). The spot I was intending to set the camera is on a trail that is worn deep into the hillside, but it showed no sign of deer at all, so I abandoned it.

I did find that the poacher's favorite treestand tree utterly abandoned.  The nylon strap that held the treestand in place was lying on the ground, broken.  I am salvaging the hooks and the ratchet mechanism! He also left a limb saw and some screw-in thingys.  Just out from the base of that tree is a sapling about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.  It has been racked pretty good by a buck.  14 yards to the west is a clump of saplings and halfway in between is a small pine sapling that perfectly blocks line of sight of any buck working that rub!  If that buck is using that rub, I can sit in the clump of saplings and make a full draw while he is busy rubbing and the little lone sapling is blocking his sight!  Perfect position, perfect opportunity, perfect plan....bound to fail! 

We saw about a half dozen does bust out of cover in close range, but no bucks.  I mentioned this to a friend and he is mentoring a 12 yr old kid for deer hunting. I can fully anticipate they are going to be up there this weekend! 

By the time the dog and I got back to the vehicle, my back was starting to feel tired.  The hike up the hill, over the hill, back up the hill, down the ridge, and back up the ridge had loosened things up considerably.  I got out of there in time to keep me overdoing it.  No chiropractor again today.  Felt a good bit better this morning, but it still took some time to stretch and move before I could bend over enough to put on pants, socks and shoes.  Too bad we have REAL weather here, or I would make like Primitive Tim and go shoeless!  Well, I would have to do better at cleaning land mines from the dog in the yard, too. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sleek

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2014, 06:13:14 pm »
Jw, its easy to see your one of those folks whos personality isnt affected by bad  luck. People like you are a blessing and im sure anybody you run into recognizes that on instant.  Next time I find myself in the black hills, were gonna have a beer togeather, or brandy ( my fav ) or a rum or twelve.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2014, 06:35:36 pm »
On the contrary, I am by nature insensitive, sarcastic with a mean streak, selfish in the extreme, and a severe pessimist.  I just make some effort to control it these days.

Offline sleek

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2014, 06:38:30 pm »
Sooooo your saying I should bring more beer than planned?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2014, 07:00:04 pm »
No, bring the good stuff or I will crack wise about you being a cheapskate.

Offline sleek

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2014, 12:26:32 am »
Ahhhhh my favorite Greek brandy, and miscellaneous rums it is then... oh and a few various beers. Now, to find a good excuse and the money to head up there.....