Author Topic: On a serious note, could use some prayers.  (Read 8682 times)

Offline Peacebow_Coos

Re: On a serious note, could use some prayers.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 02:33:11 am »
Sending them up, I will also pray that you do become a politician, I think we need some bowyer bureaucrats

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 08:53:19 am »
Take care of your back JW.  Hope it gets better soon. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 11:23:34 am »
X2 with eddie and acupuncture it works great
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2014, 04:35:47 pm »
I read a book by a MD, Dr. John Sarno about dealing with back pain.    He stated that if anyone over the age of 25 had an MRI an orthopedic surgeon will find a bulging disk that needs to be operated on...but that is his job.  Dr. Sarno's point is that everyone has bulging discs in their back but not all of them cause trouble. My back problems come from a bulging disc between L4 and L5 and that pinches the sciatic nerve when my back goes out. A few years ago when I was down for 3 months the sciatica was so bad I had to go to the emergency room to get relief.  Even today my left leg is numb where the sciatic nerve crosses across the font of my shin and lower leg.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 05:06:09 pm »
Being a tall guy and been none too gentle on my body means I know about back pain.  Been to the doctor many times for it and one doctor told me years ago that it was the swelling that actually caused the pain, I've been keeping prescription anti-inflammatory pills on hand ever since

Hope you get better
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 06:04:28 pm »
I read a book by a MD, Dr. John Sarno about dealing with back pain.    He stated that if anyone over the age of 25 had an MRI an orthopedic surgeon will find a bulging disk that needs to be operated on...but that is his job.  Dr. Sarno's point is that everyone has bulging discs in their back but not all of them cause trouble. My back problems come from a bulging disc between L4 and L5 and that pinches the sciatic nerve when my back goes out. A few years ago when I was down for 3 months the sciatica was so bad I had to go to the emergency room to get relief.  Even today my left leg is numb where the sciatic nerve crosses across the font of my shin and lower leg.

Know what you mean, Pat. The pressure on my nerves gave me "Drop Toe", three years ago. I now have 15% opening around my nerve column. You can ask Pappy and the Guys about me 4 years ago hunting Twin Oaks.  :)

I think the Hip Replacement has greatly relieved some of the stress on my back.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »
You guys probably already know this; When I stopped putting my wallet in my back pocket my sciatic nerve problems got much better. My fat wallet had me sitting cock eyed with more pressure on one side than the other, and no it wasn't full of money, out of state hunting licenses, full page management area permits, and family pictures rounded it out.

After 20 years of putting my wallet in my front pocket, a few minutes in my back pocket and I get real uncomfortable in a hurry.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »
I have literally walked thru damn near every chiropractor office in the western half of this state.  A good number of them never got a chance to touch me when they failed to answer questions for me. 

I ask them if they can cure allergies, offer ear candles, crystal therapy, and a couple other things.  If they say yes to any of this, they are nothing but licensed witch doctors at best, quacks or worse.

The guy I visit says he does nothing but align joints and loosen muscle spasms.  He says proper alignment allows nerve function to return to normal and everything functions off nerves, so that is good.  But he makes no whack-adoodle claims and I am just fine with that.  Today I was able to tie my shoes in under three minutes....yesterday it took me almost an hour to get dressed!  I will call that progress.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 09:31:36 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that amigo!! Sending prayers your way!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 12:00:57 am »
Good luck with that JW. After my wifes spinal procedures I definitely have a great deal of sympathy for you!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2014, 12:40:45 pm »
Stiff and sore again this morning, seems like I have relapsed some.  The bone cracker said I can skip coming in today, so I am taking him at his word.

Today's therapy includes walking in moccasins and NOT on concrete.  I am taking the dog and my one and only trail cam out to set it up on a great hillside where the deer cross the hiway day and night.  Last few years I have not hunted that area because I counted 11 tree stands in 120 acres!!!  Several illegal licks and bait stations were in the area and I was sickened by the lack of ethics to the point that I brought conservation officer out there with me.  He found waaaay too many violations to ignore and started to "work" the area.  He didn't tell me whether he got any convictions, but the other day he told me that nobody is hunting that area this year, then he smiled.  He says his trailcams have picked up several very nice muley bucks cruising and he encouraged me to get out while the getting's good.  When I asked him where a good spot would be to start, he just said, "That's for me to know and for you to find out!"  That's what I get for talking a big game about fair chase....he holds me to it!  Thanks, Jim.

A day in the woods, heck I might even take a bow and some blunts to shoot stumps.  That and no tags means I am bound to have deer in range most of the day!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

JacksonCash

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2014, 12:45:04 pm »
That sounds like a great day.

Offline bow101

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2014, 12:55:49 pm »
Good luck with your back.  Years ago I Collapsed from a slipped disc. >:D    Pain is not even the word to describe it.  I have slipped discs about 4 times in the last 33 years.  Twice in 1 year.   :P
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline dingas

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2014, 02:37:33 pm »
I have literally walked thru damn near every chiropractor office in the western half of this state.  A good number of them never got a chance to touch me when they failed to answer questions for me. 

I ask them if they can cure allergies, offer ear candles, crystal therapy, and a couple other things.  If they say yes to any of this, they are nothing but licensed witch doctors at best, quacks or worse.

The guy I visit says he does nothing but align joints and loosen muscle spasms.  He says proper alignment allows nerve function to return to normal and everything functions off nerves, so that is good.  But he makes no whack-adoodle claims and I am just fine with that.  Today I was able to tie my shoes in under three minutes....yesterday it took me almost an hour to get dressed!  I will call that progress.

Ya my sister's chiro told her she could cure diabetes and ADHD. I asked mine and he said she's a quack if she's telling her patients that. He said relieve symptoms - sure - only because you are not tense or subconciously favouring it...

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 10:21:49 pm »
I'm In the same boat JW.. The last 3 vertebra in my lower back are fused together thanks an old Military injury..( exactly why ya don't volunteer to jump outta perfectly good airplane) I now have a bulging disc in between the next 2 vertebra up..I can't even string my bow at the moment. Let alone shoot it..If I wanna archery hunt the rest of this this season its gonna have to be with wheels..I'll be thinkin about ya bud..
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania