Author Topic: I have some bad news, folks...  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
Re: I have some bad news, folks...
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 12:59:24 am »
Thank you for that honor. I have already been awarded the Raven's Wings badge with tobacco leaf clusters. So this honor is much appreciated. When do I get my free commemorative plate and velvet painting? They'll match my naugahyde couch perfectly. 
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 12:13:30 pm »
Thank you for that honor. I have already been awarded the Raven's Wings badge with tobacco leaf clusters. So this honor is much appreciated. When do I get my free commemorative plate and velvet painting? They'll match my naugahyde couch perfectly.

WHAT?!?!?!  You are summarily stripped of your membership to the SWE for your insensitivity to the plight of the endangered North American Nauga.  Hunted to near extinction in the 1970's for furniture and automotive seat covers, the nauga has shown virtually no increase in population.  I ask everyone in here to inspect their consciences and ask themselves when they last saw a wild nauga. 

I encourage everyone to send me $20 to help pay for a breeding pair of naugas to be used for the support of the Nauga Reintroduction Program. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 04:50:44 pm »
Hold up on the outrage there JW!   The North American nauga has been extinct for quite some time.  I'm reasonably sure that Dharma's couch is made from the Chinese nauga.  I'm 42 and I've never seen an American nauga or American nauga Hyde.  Come to think of it, I've never seen a Chinese nauga on the hoof (foot).  But their hides are not only cheap, but plentiful. By the laws of supply and demand, that would suggest that the Chinese nauga population is doing quite well.  Admittedly I don't know if the Chinese naugas are wild or domestic, so the wild ones might be in peril.  By the way, does anybody have a picture of a wild nauga?  Josh

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 06:08:08 pm »
Josh, the last time I saw one was during the age of the Shagg Carpetioo.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 07:56:26 pm »
Josh and Mullet are, indeed, correct. The North American Nauga was hunted to extinction some 5,000 years ago or more. This was due to the efficiency of my ancient ancestor's flintknapping skill in producing the Ronco Point and also the K-Tel Point, which were deadly in penetrating the thick hide of the North American Nauga when affixed to the spear shafts launched from our atlatls. This was, of course, long before we began knapping circular saw blades because we didn't need bows yet. Yes, Naugahyde and a tie-dyed t-shirt. What can I say? We were desperate. Get used to it.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 08:25:20 pm »
Josh and Mullet are, indeed, correct. The North American Nauga was hunted to extinction some 5,000 years ago or more. This was due to the efficiency of my ancient ancestor's flintknapping skill in producing the Ronco Point and also the K-Tel Point, which were deadly in penetrating the thick hide of the North American Nauga when affixed to the spear shafts launched from our atlatls. This was, of course, long before we began knapping circular saw blades because we didn't need bows yet. Yes, Naugahyde and a tie-dyed t-shirt. What can I say? We were desperate. Get used to it.

Ronco and K-Tel?  I know the younger folks are scratching their heads on those, but I think I may have to go change my shorts....I laughed pretty dang hard there.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 09:34:51 pm »
Man gnats.. You can't help stupid.  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline J05H

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 09:55:47 pm »

Ah the Ronco point. My tribe used to purchase those from yours for just 4 easy payments of a dozen wild turkey feathers each. And we always got a free one to give away.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 10:13:10 pm »
But wait! There was more! If you acted then, you would have received a genuine agate jerky slicer ab-so-lute-ly free! How much would you have paid for such a bargain? Not 20, not 10, but only 5 seashells! That's right! Only 5---5!!!---seashells! Still not convinced? What if I told you that we also threw in the much-loved "Goofy Greats" record album, lovingly knapped from clear quartz for crystal listening clarity? Again, ab-so-lute-ly FREE! The whole family would have been thrilled! Don't wait! Act now (then)! Operators were standing by for your smoke signals! Dial three long puffs, two short, then four long...again, that's three long, two short, four long!

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 10:18:27 pm »
~~~--~~~ >:D
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 11:02:16 pm »
Kinda thought there were some mighty long puffs there.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 11:53:53 pm »
I am under the influence of four bowls of sugary breakfast cereal.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 12:07:55 am »
Y"all are HIGH larious!

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 12:14:56 am »
 ;D ;D ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline chamookman

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 06:11:59 am »
That was the Ronco Pocket Point wasn't it  O:)?????????????? To funny Guys  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.