Author Topic: yosemite burning, AGAIN!  (Read 1944 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

yosemite burning, AGAIN!
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:27:25 pm »
We have another fire. The dog Rock fire. It is not huge and hopefuly it will not get that way.  Was 150 acres last night, it is burning against a lot of granite cliffs and has reached the forested top near the community of Foresta which got burned in the El Portal Fire not more then 2 months ago.  If you are FBers you can look up Yosemite Wildfire there. State Route 140 is closed not only due to the fire but a CalFire airtanker crashed yesterday afternoon about 3pm. Pieces of the wreckage made it down the cliff to the highway.  If you search air tanker crash online you can find more info.   Prayers for the family of the pilot who died in the crash.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: yosemite burning, AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 01:22:03 pm »
State Route 140 is closed not only due to the fire but a CalFire airtanker crashed yesterday afternoon about 3pm. Pieces of the wreckage made it down the cliff to the highway.  If you search air tanker crash online you can find more info.   Prayers for the family of the pilot who died in the crash.

We lost an air tanker here in the Black Hills a few years ago.  We ask a whole hell of a lot of those that fight these fires, but I don't think any of us asked that much.  Prayers for the family and friends, words of gratitude for their service.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:20:20 am »
I've been watching it on the news .
As a firefighter I know the risks that we face and I hate to hear that a fellow fire fighter has lost their life while fighting a fire .
We have had had the big planes in a time or two but mostly helicopters dropping water , with the smoke , gusting winds and other aircraft in the area they take just as big of a risk as those of us on the ground .

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 01:51:20 am »
Prayers to all affected, and for rain.