Author Topic: Does Anybody Have Lemonwood?  (Read 2611 times)

Offline WoodBenderDW

Does Anybody Have Lemonwood?
« on: October 08, 2014, 06:05:12 pm »
I'm hoping to make a bow out of lemonwood.  Ideally, I would like something at least 1-1/4" wide by 1-1/4" thick by at least 72" long.  I would like to try to make the bow that Howard Hill describes in Hunting The Hard Way.  Since, lemonwood is hard to find, I was hoping that someone might be able to help me out.  Send a pm or post and perhaps we can figure something out.  Alternately, does anyone know where in Ontario Canada I might be able to find it?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Does Anybody Have Lemonwood?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 07:37:35 pm »
Hard to come by. It grows in Cuba. You might be able to find it at a wood store in Canada.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 10:30:22 pm »
I've never seen it advertized in any of the specialty wood store in Ontario.  A&M Woods has the biggest selection in Canada but it doesn't carry it.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:47:56 pm »
Not sure if you have any Windsor Plywood stores around there, but I've seen it there before.

Offline ajbruggink

• Aaron Bruggink, Oostburg, WI, USA
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 09:22:40 pm »
Barebow Archery's website barebowarchery.com says they have lemonwood staves, the only measurement I remember is 82" in length. The cost is 40 pounds (they're in the United Kingdom), I don't know if they'd ship to North America, but it doesn't hurt to try. Hope this helps.