Author Topic: Essay with a tidbit on making primitive bows...  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Eric Garza

Essay with a tidbit on making primitive bows...
« on: October 08, 2014, 10:31:29 pm »
Greetings folks, I just posted an essay on my personal website titled Energy, Diminishing Returns and the Future of Food. It occurred to me to post a link here because I start the essay with a story of a recent expedition to cut and split an elm for staves. The subject area might interest people, or not...

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Essay with a tidbit on making primitive bows...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 11:13:09 pm »
That's not an entertaining read, but it was certainly educational.  Thanks!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 07:36:21 am »
Anything in particular make it un-entertaining?

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 09:07:44 am »
"Entertaining" may have been poor choice of word. 
Intention of using phrase "not entertaining" was not to be critical, but to convey that it wasn't, for me, casual light reading.  I needed to keep my brain engaged throughout .... wellll, except for the 1st couple paragraphs.   :)
It's well-written, informative, and thought-provoking.  I forwarded link to couple of Ag friends.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857