Author Topic: Saturday!!  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Blaflair2

Saturday!!
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:08:45 pm »
Saturday the wifey is letting my go bow hunting in the morning and afternoon. I'll be hunting at cornell university land. With a dmp permit. So I get two antler less deer a day. Lol. I hope to get one. I have a buck tag of something walks out. So wish me luck. Any advise. First time bow hunting.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Saturday!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:23:57 pm »
Will you be hunting from a tree or the ground?  Either way, deer see movement. Everything else is seen in shades of gray. Keep the wind in your face. On the ground and in a tree, good background cover is the most important.
 Also, don't shoot at the deer, pick a hair and split it!!!   Aim small, miss small.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 02:27:30 pm »
I'll be in a climber, there is tons of jogging trails all throughout the different properties. So the deer are used to humans. They get hit on city streets and tear up people's houses. I get to bow hunt from January 11-31st as well. I love the cold. So i plenty of time to take a deer

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 02:33:06 pm »
Also pat, I'm getting to be a pretty good shot with ur bow. Still ain't got a name for the old girl yet. Maybe she'll earn one.

JacksonCash

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 04:10:47 pm »
Have fun with that man! I'm partially moving into my new house on Saturday, with the full moving coming on the 18th or so.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »
Best of luck w/ weather.  Is rainin' & rainin' & rainin' here.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 05:54:45 pm »
It's supposed to be scattered showers and 55. So hopefully it works out. Ima be out there regardless haha. I've been waiting long enough

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 06:16:21 pm »
My best piece of advice to get a shot at a deer is to get your butt in a stand every time you can. The more you go the better your odds, I somehow beat them every year. My second piece of advice would be to choose your shots VERY wisely. Don't forget what you have in your hand in the heat of the moment when crucial decisions need to be made. Its easy to have compound or gun brain take over when all your mind can think of is getting that deer your eyes see.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 06:55:16 pm »
Take your first good shot, also. Lots of tags go unfilled waiting for that perfect shot. 
 Aim a little low. Deer drop down before going forward when startled.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 07:11:52 pm »
Thanks pat. I know there is no perfect shot. I'm gonna take what's given.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 07:17:29 pm »
Good luck to ya....
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 08:43:20 pm »
Watch your wind and good luck.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 08:55:50 pm »
Lol
No advice from my corner.
Just show me the Bacon.
Zuma ;D ;D
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 09:17:37 pm »
good for  you  man!   how the heck did you score that gig? I can throw a stone at the Geneva campus the deer tear their stuff up! wait till the deer find the willow farm,,,,dang tell me how you did it I live in geneva good luck! if you want to take meat to make hot dogs there is a place tween you and me the deer dogs  taste real close to Hoffman hots .JeffW

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 09:37:22 pm »
New York State deer management program. And the cornell hunting program. Look em up