Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Flight arrows

<< < (4/5) > >>

Badger:
  Mark, I just looked at one of Adams graphs posted at paleo Planet with a bow of similar speed per grains of arrow weight per pound of draw weight. At 4 grains per pound( 200 grains) the bow was hitting about 260, at 5.5 grains per pound ( 275 grains) the bow dropped to about 220 fps. That seems to be the break off point where lower weights really have dramatic effects on speed.

PatM:
Kviljio just got a sub 200gr arrow up to 299 out of his Turkish bow.

Marc St Louis:
I don't know Steve.  Doesn't seem quite right to me.  Those graphs are for horn bows

I tried 220 grain arrows compared to the 275 grain arrows out of the same bow and they consistently fell short.  Could be a spine issue.  I'm sure there is a lot that can be improved on when it comes to arrows.  I should have kept detailed records when I was doing all that testing

Badger:
Mark, I have similar results but I believe spine and bad takeoffs are the reason. If I shoot a not so fast skinny tipped longbow I get better distances from the light arrows.

bradsmith2010:
thanks for the info,, I find it very interesting that fps does not always translate in the longest distance,,,,good luck to you guys that are competing, hope your arrow goes far,, :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version