Author Topic: Another Nail in the Big Freeze/Comet Extinction Coffin  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Zuma

Another Nail in the Big Freeze/Comet Extinction Coffin
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »
There is  an article in the June, 2014 Science magazine, page 1478, (Miss Mammoth? Blame your ancestors.) 
It states that most Mega Fauna were most likely gobbled up by humans coming out of Africa.
They claim the creatures were not in fear of the unknown new comers
and were easy targets.
Humans and elephants evolved together in Africa.
They don't say it but North America has the most archaeologically
verified elephant  kill sites in the world. There are four.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
Re: Another Nail in the Big Freeze/Comet Extinction Coffin
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:50:19 pm »
Hey, they were good eatin'! What can we say?
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:29:42 am »
Hey, they were good eatin'! What can we say?

LOL must have been. Give me a grouse stuffed with venison, elk and Walleyed Pike.

Here is a link that I know won't work but is easily cut and pasted to your browser.
It's a monster spike not a nail

Younger Dryas impact hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free ...
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 03:37:52 pm »
I doubt the Dryas hypothesis. It was more likely the disappearance of the mega fauna that spurred the move towards agrarianism for many tribes. As to what spurred the disappearance, yes, hunting seems the most likely suspect. It would seem to me if something suddenly killed off all the megafauna catastrophically, humans would not have had time to adapt and they would have followed.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 08:43:44 pm »
I really don't have a big problem with the climate change possibilities of YD or even the possibilities of a aerial meteor explosion during those times.
Like you, I do have a big problem with the events extinguishing Mega Funa and mankind of the time.
If it did, Goshen, Cougar, Folsom and Dalton cultures would never have existed. Smaller animals like caribou, moose ,elk and giant bison would have went away also.
Agate Basin, Eden and the Archaic explosion of numbers and diversity of artifacts would never of happened.
Little mammoths on Wrangle Island and Santa Catalina would not have been there 3,500 years ago waiting for boater to eat them.
I am glad science errrr well, some folks in science have put Humpty back together again.
Zuma

Offline wildman

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 09:44:58 pm »
Yeah , but I bet a mammoth steak would be tasty. Think of the big picture MAMMOTH BACON!!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Zuma

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 10:34:42 pm »
Yeah , but I bet a mammoth steak would be tasty. Think of the big picture MAMMOTH BACON!!
Now I am day dreamin not thinkin---

Paleo Pig in a Blanket-- Wrap one large Javelina in a strip or two of mammoth bacon.
Get a couple tribe members to turn the sucker on a spit until crispy.
HOT DOG!
Zuma