Main Discussion Area > Horn Bows

bighorn sheep bow #13

<< < (5/7) > >>

stickbender:

Absolutely beautiful!!!! 8)  A lot of hard work, and stress of worrying if this one will fail also.  My hat is off to you sir!  How does it shoot, any hand shock?  Again, just outstanding all around.  Beautiful bow, and scenery.  Thanks for sharing.

Wayne

loefflerchuck:
2 of the failed bows had the 2 handle splices. I think now the most important thing with the handle in true replicas id a heavy wrap of sinew on the handle. The last 4 I started work on- 2 have 2 horn rivets and 2 have no rivets. Just the tung depressor like the one found in Wyoming dating from 1700+-. I am trying all designs out. most recent is a 30" Paiute replica. The handle splice is a lap splice only 2.4" long with 2 horn rivets. No handle splices. This bow I am willing to test to possible fail. I want over 60# draw and 18"+. The non bending section will only be 2.5"

loefflerchuck:
Wayne, with a 550 grain arrow the chrono read in feet per second--175, 177,152,180,148,180.7 . Those numbers were higher than I expected and I think I was probably overdrawing the bow to 20" or so on the fastest shots. Funny though with a 305 grain cane arrow it shot almost the same 179-185 fps

beartail:
I had to whipe the slober off my mouth before I could type!!dang that's a sweet bow!!I have been into primitive archery 15 years now and have always loved a horn bow but never even had the chance to touch one!maby someday.beatyfull bow brother.

simson:
Incredible craftmanship, always love seeing your bows Chuck. This one is again a masterpiece as others already mentioned. And great pics and arrows, too!
Did you boil the horn flat, or do use a caul for adding reflex alredy in this stage?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version