Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

What makes a Flight bow...a flight bow?

(1/3) > >>

Easternarcher:
Never really understood this term.
So what characteristics make a flight bow different from the run-o-the-mill bow?

Badger:
      Bows shooting lighter arrows require more efficiency, than bows shooting heavy arrows. However you can accomplish this. Stiff skinny tips and limbs with short working areas are a good place to start. As of now primitive flight bows that have been successful are not so different than regular bows we see everyday even though the shorter bows register higher speeds. I believe this just indicates we need more practice in learning how to get arrows out of the short fast bows more cleanly. I am convinced we will see big jumps in the primitive flight bow distances in the near future. I have concentrated more on the broadhead bows only shooting the flight bows as more of an afterthought hobby. I plan to put more effort into flight bows from this point and learning what it takes to get good arrow flight from them.

burn em up chuck:
     this subject has always been a interest, just haven't pursued it yet,yet. excited to see this, thank you.

chuck

Badger:
Here is a littel short fast bow I was shooting, had trouble getting clean arrow flight

Badger:
   This girl broke her bow so I scraped down this 50# recurve to 35# so she would have something to shoot. She set a new world record with it. I believe the bow is 58" long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version