Main Discussion Area > Horn Bows

horn supply ?

<< < (3/3)

Pat B:
Randy, becoming a PA advertiser will help PA but also your exposure here on PA. If I can help you in any way. please contact me.

Pat

Gaur:
Thanks Pat.  I'll look into it.

stickbender:

Unfortunately like raptor feathers, you cannot possess them without proper paper work, due to the black market for the Chinese herbalists.  A Buddy, in Montana, totaled his Nisan Pathfinder, on stupid Big Horn sheep, and the game warden that was called in, destroyed the horns.  If you find a skull in the mountains, or plains, you had better let it be.  They don't take excuses, only proper paper work.  I told my buddy, about a beautiful, full curl, that rolled outward, standing on a boulder, at the edge of the highway, looking to see which car he wanted to jump in front of, but I could not get a picture, because of the $#@^&+! near my bumper!  Anyway, he said that if I got a Sheep tag, and ever got on of those boys, and had it mounted, the mount would sell for $25,000.00 or more. :o :o If I ever get one of those, it is sold.  I can look at pictures, and use the money, more than a mount, on the wall ! ;)

Wayne

Gaur:
Wayne,
we are talking mostly about domestic asian water buffalo here.  I had trouble with one batch I sent James that were in the raw (ie didn't have a coat of shellac or lacquer on them).  They sent James a nasty letter of all the rules we broke.  Turns out to bring the in legally they fall under "trophy" laws and you have to pay $700 per shipment etc etc to bring them in raw.  Worried about unwanted pests coming in on the horns. So we learned from that and since then I put a coat of finish on the plates and label them "finished horns for crafts" and so we haven't had a problem since.   They still need more grinding to make them into finished plates for bows so the finish doesn't effect any glue up.

Gaur:
for the few of you that contacted me I am still waiting one the shipment of horns to arrive.  slow boat I guess..  Thanks for your patience

If you're in a hurry James has quite a stash that he might part with a few horns.  Heard he is broke after his beach vacation so it would be a good time to hit him up  >:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version