Author Topic: Reed/Wicker Quiver wanted...  (Read 13012 times)

Offline Mohawk13

Re: Reed/Wicker Quiver wanted...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 01:06:50 pm »
Really nice work Your wife does. Used to use the Trappers basket back in the late 70's-early 80's for everything from walking the trap line to Boy Scouts...Brings back some memories
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline JerryC

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 05:40:39 pm »
Just got one of the quivers that Dino's wife makes. It is awesome. Dino tell Amy I love it.

Offline ohma2

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:21 am »
always wanted one that was flat on the side to your back , is that possible?  they look very well crafted.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 01:26:01 pm »
Just got one of the quivers that Dino's wife makes. It is awesome. Dino tell Amy I love it.

Let's see it!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline dinorocks

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 03:01:02 pm »
Thanks Jerry!  Glad you like the quiver...I will let Amy know!

Below is a pict of the quiver before the stain.  I don't think we took a pict of the finished quiver.  She will be making another quiver soon...I'll post a couple picts of the weaving process.

ohma2 - I'll check with Amy regarding incorporating a flat side...I would think that she could put in a flat side durng the drying process.

Take care,
Dino
"Speedy arrow, sharp and narrow"  GD

Offline dinorocks

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 04:27:04 pm »
Here are a couple more...again, unstained.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 06:11:45 pm »
Wow those are nice, I'm all anxious now....        I guess I need to hurry up and get your
 knife done :laugh:
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline dinorocks

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 05:28:09 pm »
Hey killir duck-

The quiver is complete and will be headed your way in tomorrow's mail...we hope you like it and it provides many years of use!  I threw in a bunch of primary turkey wing feathers and some additional info on the quiver.

Cannot wait to see those knifes in person!  The picts you sent me look awesome!!  And you are very generous by including sheaths too...not expected.  Thank you very much!!

Take care,
Dino (and Amy)

Unstained;

Stained with Early American;

Bottom;

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 07:36:17 pm »
i'm getting pretty antsy... ;) ;D
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 11:29:53 pm »
Dino...Still in the market for one...Great looking work there
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Wiley

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 06:04:27 am »
Some really nice work there. Makes me want to come up with stuff to trade for one of them, just getting into this hobby of bow making and related activities. But at some point in the future I may talk to dinorocks about one of these nice quivers.

Offline dinorocks

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 12:16:53 pm »
WOW...My wife Amy just gave me a beautiful handmade knife from NeolithicMan for my recent B-day...this is a knife she traded for a quiver she made.  She has had the knife for a while...I'm surprised she kept it a secret from me for so long.    Just wanted to thank NeolithicMan (John) again and show it off with a couple picts!  He even made the sheath!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 12:28:06 pm »
The Wife (Amy) is some kinda talented!
And that knife is gorgeous.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 03:07:44 pm »
Amy asked me to make you a patch knife with a more primitive look. Went with a peened look for the pins and a squirrel skin cover for the sheath... wasnt quite sure what makes a sheath primitive so I made it furry!   :D

Amy is a sweet woman and makes a great quiver! I still have to make a better strap than the twine Im using now and put a piece of sheep skin in the bottom and then I will post a few pics. October first can't come fast enough!!!!
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!