Author Topic: WANTED moister meter.  (Read 3198 times)

Offline ohiocountryboy

WANTED moister meter.
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »
Im looking for a moister meter and i have processed sinew  and other iteams  just send me a message.

Offline adb

Re: WANTED moister meter.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:52:49 am »
What's a moister meter??  :o ;)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:29:20 am »
Adb- you sound more and more like an old school marm everyday.  You should know by now that the only "Spelling" ever seriously studied by us countryboy/rednecks was the blonde chick off Beverly hills 90210.  And "Grammar" is just another name for grandpa's wife! >:D. Josh

Offline adb

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 03:41:04 pm »
Adb- you sound more and more like an old school marm everyday.  You should know by now that the only "Spelling" ever seriously studied by us countryboy/rednecks was the blonde chick off Beverly hills 90210.  And "Grammar" is just another name for grandpa's wife! >:D. Josh

Well, Josh... then you should carry on with your program. I'll enjoy the view.

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 03:45:02 pm »
Communication is only useful if it's clear. A catastrophe is not the same as a Cat Ass Trophy.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:23:40 pm »
Communication is only useful if it's clear. A catastrophe is not the same as a Cat Ass Trophy.

whhhhaaaaa????? its not?

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »
Not to discourage you too much but , I have three, and they all give different readings. Don't trust any of them really.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 10:31:52 am »
Not to discourage you too much but , I have three, and they all give different readings. Don't trust any of them really.

I don't believe  that they're very accurate either.  The only thing I use mine for is comparison between the surface of the uncut stave and then the surface of the roughed out blank immediately after I cut it out.  If the fresh inner wood of the blank is significantly wetter than the outside of the stave, I reseal the back and let it season a little more.  Josh

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 10:14:01 pm »
I have a couple of pin type and one surface type . The pin ones will give different readings  depending on how hard you press and whether the pins are aligned with , across or on the end grain. The surface type will give a more accurate reading ,but only on flat boards that are at least the width of the meter itself. 

Are you still sure you need one , Ohio? 

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 12:16:30 pm »
5 months late (always a day late and a dollar short) Did you ever find a moisture meter to trade? I have a "Timber Check" moisture meter, model b350 like new that I would trade for anything that could be used in pre 1840 reenactment.