Author Topic: road kill  (Read 2751 times)

Offline jeffp51

road kill
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:11:12 pm »
while riding my bike to work today, I see a fresh road kill on the side of the road.  Now I am regretting not packing a sharp knife and some bags.  All that sinew going to waste. . .I am as doomed and hopeless as my wife says I am.

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: road kill
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:19:18 pm »
I feel ya man!  I've done my share of picking up roadkill and tossing it in the back of the truck.  No use in the scavengers getting hit on the roadside too.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline carpholeo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:40:04 pm »
I recently got some road kill too , i just hope the family that drove by when i was hacking off the hind quarter wasnt too traumatized.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 02:41:59 pm »
I knew my wife loved me when she called me at work and told me she just stopped to get a dead snake on the side of the road.  Nothin like some good ol road kill

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 03:00:26 pm »
I knew my wife loved me when she called me at work and told me she just stopped to get a dead snake on the side of the road.  Nothin like some good ol road kill

now that there is true love   :-*  ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »
My thought exactly   ;D

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 05:05:12 pm »
Where I used to live, one morning my neighbors told me a fawn had gotten hit in the road just a little while ago. I asked eagerly, "Where is it now?!" They were saying, huh, what, we called animal control to haul away the carcass. I was crestfallen. They never responded to dinner invitations after that. Don't know why. But since mentioning this story, my sister-in-law insists she'll want to see the packages the meat came if I ever cook dinner.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Stoker

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 06:02:52 pm »

That's a beautiful love story..
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 01:20:58 am »

That's a beautiful love story..
Thanks leroy

I know, Leroy.  I teared up a little too.  I need some chocolate now.   And wine, lots of wine.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline n8tr boy

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 04:26:24 pm »
I'm a trapper and people who know my hobbies always ask or tell me where there are prizes.  When I made my own flies years ago I collected many a road kills for hair,fur or feathers ;)