Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 2203 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Thank you
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:03:45 am »
It is not often that you find a group of people who are so kind, and so willing to share everything. Knowledge is power, and not a lot of people are willing to share the power. To go a step further, I have yet to make a trade that I haven't gotten more than was promised. All the members I have dealt with have been above board, and seem to love to share the passion of this incredible hobby. There seems to be no division between age, Race, National origin, Religion, political standing or even sex. This is truly something I am proud to be a part of. As a novice I am not treated any differently than anyone else (Except not being able to get in the bow trade  >:D) . Thanks to all of you that take time out of your real life to help those of us that need help. Thanks to the Admin of the site who work a lot to keep things rolling. Pat B, You are almost always the first to post an answer, How I would love to sit and pick your brain for an afternoon. Have a great weekend, I am heading to the cabin for some much needed R and R at 9400 feet! I hope there is snow. I'll post photos when I get back.

Joe
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:09:03 am »
Glad to have you here also. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline 4dog

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:13:11 am »
love it when someone "gets it" !!!   8)
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:18:18 am »
Keep making bows and postin them. I bet you can get in on a bow trade soon, the Xmas trade is going on now, see if you can sign up fir that and send a bow
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:25:40 am »
 :o Why didn't I think of that? I'm in the Xmas trade. That is a great idea.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 10:34:14 am »
It is not often that you find a group of people who are so kind, and so willing to share everything. Knowledge is power, and not a lot of people are willing to share the power. To go a step further, I have yet to make a trade that I haven't gotten more than was promised. All the members I have dealt with have been above board, and seem to love to share the passion of this incredible hobby. There seems to be no division between age, Race, National origin, Religion, political standing or even sex. This is truly something I am proud to be a part of. As a novice I am not treated any differently than anyone else (Except not being able to get in the bow trade  >:D) . Thanks to all of you that take time out of your real life to help those of us that need help. Thanks to the Admin of the site who work a lot to keep things rolling. Pat B, You are almost always the first to post an answer, How I would love to sit and pick your brain for an afternoon. Have a great weekend, I am heading to the cabin for some much needed R and R at 9400 feet! I hope there is snow. I'll post photos when I get back.

Joe
Joe ... I was thinkin' of making similar post.  You said it better.
Yes, what he said!
Michael
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 11:19:48 am »
Joe, you could pick my brain before you finished your first beer so the rest of the afternoon we could just talk.  ;)
 We are all here for the same reason to learn and teach...and without members like you we wouldn't have anything. We are all to be congratulated for this wonderful site.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 12:54:30 pm »
Fact is, ain't a single one of us figured this all out on our own.  The old phrase, "we stand on the shoulders of giants" surely comes into play.  When we share information, it is for the most selfish of reasons....someone is going to take that knowledge, combine it with what they know, and report back what they learned....and we learn from THAT!  Plus, it seems to raise the bar for everyone. 

Thank YOU for helping to put into words what most every one of us feels.  Thank YOU for reminding us why we share our wins and losses. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 08:29:55 pm »
Hey, it's all family. Pat's always the first to post because he's old and doesn't work. ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 12:44:19 pm »
Very well said Joe, I could not agree more!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 12:47:01 pm »
Very well said Eddie. I could not agree more!    ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 01:07:41 pm »
I will second what Jo says, and add that he is as kind and as helpful as anyone else.  I am still staring at the osage stave he traded me for and the juniper stave he and Tyke threw in and trying to imagine the bows that will come out of them.

thanks to all of you.