Author Topic: heat bending video  (Read 1585 times)

Don Case

heat bending video
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:11:38 am »
I thought this was a real good example of how not to bend a bow. It shows excellent lack of preparation. This is how my first couple of bends went. Oh, this is not me ;D
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euKj68L3Cp4

Offline osage outlaw

Re: heat bending video
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 11:20:04 am »
I thought this was a real good example of how not to bend a bow. It shows excellent lack of preparation. This is how my first couple of bends went. Oh, this is not me ;D
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euKj68L3Cp4

Be careful on who you put down.  He is a member here and makes impressive bows.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 11:24:56 am »
Hey, that is Cesar!  Legionnaire builds some FREAKING AMAZING BOWS!  He is one of the bowyers on PA that regularly reproduces museum quality replicas that perform at a serious level.  On top of that, he does not confine himself to just one or two designs, he does everything.  He is fearless.

Before further comment on his techniques, go look at his body of work.  I think you will find your opinion changing rapidly. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 08:03:25 pm »
After a self imposed absence from the forum for being a a$$hole in a public place I have logged back on as DC. The first thing I want to do is apologize to Legionnaire. I was out of line with my comments. With boyering it's the end result that is important, not your work habits.  So, sorry Ceasar and from now on I will make sure my brain is in gear before I open my mouth.
The former DonC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 05:36:50 am »
Glad you are back,mighty big of you to apologize and I am sure there is no hard feelings.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good