Author Topic: Relocation woes  (Read 2093 times)

JacksonCash

Relocation woes
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:35:54 am »
In the process of ending old job and beginning new job, and I just need to write down some frustrations.
Frustration the first: The Management of old job was finally convinced of the proper way to fix the machine I've been working on. This is good, because it means we'll be delivering the type of machine our customer would want to have in his plant. It is bad, because it gives me less than two weeks to finish it. This particular type of machine poses a problem for old job, because I'm the only one there who has experience with it, let alone experience programming it.

Frustration 2: I haven't been able to get a hold of the relocation company. I've taken the morning off of work to do this- I don't know where I'm going to be living next month, and it is getting a bit worrisome. Last Wednesday they contacted me, asked me to return the call. I did so and got a message that the guy was out of the office until today... I'm not sure if they are helping me find a realtor or mortgage broker or anything like that... But I really want to find out soon.

Frustration 3: New boss called yesterday and asked if I could in anyway make it to start work on the 2nd of September, not the 16th as we had been planning. I can, provided I have a place to stay, but that leaves my wife here until we find a permanent place to stay. We certainly couldn't get everything moved in that time.

I'm excited to start the new job, but man, my life seems to be in chaos right now!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: Relocation woes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:46:47 am »
Pressure creates Diamonds.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:36:07 am »
Can't change what you can't change.  Keep your mind open and flexible, rolling with the punches and punching back right away.  You'll make it!

Good luck with the new job!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 09:08:20 pm »
Patience is a virtue. Quitting is an option.
Just don't burn any bridges.
Good luck.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 10:17:05 pm »
Good luck with the new job. Hopefully things smooth out for you. Job transitions are always a little rocky, especially with a big move thrown into the mix.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 10:07:25 am »
I moved three time in my 30 years with the power company I worked for, always out to Timbuktu, completely unknown places where I knew nobody. Great job, terrible working conditions(heat, noise, tons of coal dust) but every move put me in a better position for my future retirement. I checked out when I was 52, my 4th and final move and the best one to date.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 01:07:15 pm »
Good luck with all of those headaches. Let me know where you end up.