Author Topic: He's baaaack!  (Read 3987 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
He's baaaack!
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:45:51 am »
I was in the basement cleaning up some.  :o  I came upstairs and noticed this....

...it wasn't like this 30 minutes before. Then Lucy started barking so I went on the front porch and saw a dark shadow moving into the bushes under the power line. I came back in the house, grabbed the camera and ran out the side door to see this guy just sitting there in the weeds...

Before he was cute but now he's starting to piss me off.  >:(  My next step will be to get my bow and some blunt fluflus and see how he likes that. I could have easily popped him in the butt at the 20 yards where he was sitting.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online JW_Halverson

Re: He's baaaack!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:53:40 am »
There is a woman out in western Montana that makes a dang good living off bears like your buddy.  She has a large pack of well trained bear dogs, a high powered paintball gun, and some real cojones.  She is hired to deal with people's problem bears, including griz. 

Between her dogs and the paintball gun, she uses negative reinforcement to teach the bears that dumpster diving and other behaviors lead to being chased all over creation all the while getting stung in the butt.  Apparently she is also quite a healthy and fit cross country runner because she does a fair job keeping up with the dogs.  From what I understand about bears, the one thing they are not fond of is unnecessary exercise! 

Grab a full quiver of blunt fluflus and your running shoes!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 12:39:24 pm »
Make sure ya keep whatever your gonna shew him away with ready and at hand easily..because he WILL be back again ....no doubt about that. Once they go down that road for food they'll do it again and again,and will become more openly blatant about it...have that camera ready to record as well for our enjoyment ;)  :laugh: I really wanna see ya chase off a bear with ur bow n blunt tips  :laugh:

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 12:51:21 pm »
My plan is to shoot him with a fluflu nutter if I get the chance. If that doesn't work I have other remedies.  >:D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:56:00 pm »
He/she looks young. Im sure a few good whacks will scare it away Pat.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 02:18:21 pm »
I'm guessing a juvenile male that Momma ran off recently so he's on his own and eating everything he can smell. Last week the hummingbird feeder, this week the garbage can.  If I get the chance I'll try to discourage him.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 02:47:11 pm »
Make sure you got backup plan real handy.. Bears are funny critters flight or fight
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 07:06:17 pm »
hahaha good stuff pat.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 12:20:31 am »
Please document all the drama for us!  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 12:30:38 am »
Pat, I want some of that young bear grease.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 10:02:45 am »
He'll just change his habits and go nocturnal
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 01:54:28 pm »
Marc, he wasn't at all spooked at my dog barking or of me going out and taking the pic. He finally just waked off and so far not been back.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 03:17:58 pm »
I'd use a broadhead, problem solved. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 03:28:31 pm »
Not bear season yet. I doubt I'd shoot him anyway...except with a blunt or nutter, just to remind him to leave the trash can alone.

Offline bow101

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 12:51:15 am »
 Other than building a fence to keep them out and securing containers like bomb shelters...........aahhhhh maybe Flu-Flu's will aggravate him.   ::)  good practice  :o
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell