Author Topic: Just got robbed  (Read 1988 times)

Offline sleek

Just got robbed
« on: August 02, 2014, 07:50:50 pm »
Well when something really bad happens its nice to have a community you can come and vent to. I never lock my car doors. I always figure id rather somebody just open the door and take what they want rather than break a window. Of course I never leave anything worth stealing in there either. Except last night I was tired and left my wallet on the dash on accident after stopping for icecream with my wife and son. I went to go buy flea treatment for my dog and my wallet had been gone through. All my debit cards were gone but thats ok. They can be replaced. Its my entire paycheck of 400 that has me upset. All gone. I call the police and when they get there they wont investigate because the heat will have destroyed any finger prints. To add insult to it all they stole the title to a boat I was trying to sell. It was already notorized and signed by me already to go. When the police got there he pointed out my tag was expired yesterday.  I had to laugh. What else could I do?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

Re: Just got robbed
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:55:50 pm »
Suck sucks...
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 08:00:00 pm »
Dang, what can a guy say.  Dang.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 08:32:17 pm »
It happens, Mostly everything is replaceable though. I once had a friend who had quit smoking about a year prior. Someone broke into his truck and all they got was the old pack of smokes. I bet they were mad!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 10:22:26 pm »
That's sucks man sorry to hear that got to love the police are tax dollars hard at work  >:(
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 11:46:10 pm »
Damn! You had a bad day.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Denham Archer

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 12:00:41 am »
I'm sorry . . .  It happened to me once.  Nothin' worse than a thief.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 12:22:31 am »
Here's hoping everything he buys with that money breaks right away.  Let's hope if he buys food with it he gets salmonella. And lastly, let's hope his butt hole grows shut and his forehead sprouts a new one. That way everyone immediately knows what kind of person they are dealing with.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 03:59:42 am »

Personally, I hope the thief buys some bad meth. >:(

Wayne

Offline TRACY

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 08:47:35 am »
That sucks sleek! Things will work out for you!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bow101

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 04:09:14 pm »
I hear Ya............  Years ago a burglar walked into our house at nite when we were all sleeping. No one woke up.  My fathers wallet and pants was found in the wood box downstairs emptied, luckily there was only $30 .  My wife's house was broken into as well, my car, my neighbor's car was stolen twice. My neighbor on the other side had his car stolen. In this part of the country when people are at the camp sites, the thieves make their rounds Stealing coolers full of food and liquor.
They also break into vacation cabins that are empty during the winter months. I lock everything up tight and solid, and make sure my valuables are safe.  I still use a club on the car. Its a good deterrent.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline JEB

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 05:31:14 pm »
Don't agree with" the heat destroyed the finger prints". I would contact the police chief and request a detective be assigned the case.  Although if they refused to dust for prints the night of the theft the prints may be gone because they let you use the vehicle before they check it out.  Did they at least tell you how to handle your credit card cancellations ?