Author Topic: Shipping cost. Wow.  (Read 4209 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Re: Shipping cost. Wow.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 11:55:35 pm »
I shipped a set of heavy osage billets to Oregon and it cost a lot more than I thought it would.   I regret making that trade.

Surprisingly the cheapest way I have shipped bows to oregon is priority mail express, actually has been cheaper than regular priority mail for some reason. My bows are long as heck though. Always around 40 - 50 dollars to oregon.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 09:46:20 am »
I donated a bunch of stuff to the TG St Jude auction last year, forgot to specify shipping to the CONUS only. For the two items I had to ship to Canada, the shipping cost as much or more than the item auctioned for, one book, $35 shipping.

I donated my late wife's Barbie doll collection this year and remembered to specify CONUS only.

I give away a lot of tillering gizmos, not just to anyone but carefully selected folk who I know will use them. For years it cost me $1.85 to ship one anywhere in the US First Class, yesterday it was $2.35, shipping costs have gone way up.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 09:15:07 pm »
Yep sky high....just shipped a bow today far far away cost me $210.00
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 12:08:29 pm »
Hmm - I shipped some atlatls and darts to nevada only cost me a bit more then $20.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 03:24:17 pm »
Hey Clint, you'd think after you spent that kind of money to someone with a business they would at least go through with their part of the deal so word wouldn't get out about them being a dead beat.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bubby

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 03:30:00 pm »
Hey Clint, you'd think after you spent that kind of money to someone with a business they would at least go through with their part of the deal so word wouldn't get out about them being a dead beat.

You'd think so wouldn't you Eddie, it's amazing.g how fast that kind of rep can get out
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹