Author Topic: Elm Hall "Stick bow Shoot" donation  (Read 6963 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Elm Hall "Stick bow Shoot" donation
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 05:42:55 am »
I don't much like stain, but that's a waaay cool colour, nice an subtle. On a hot day like today it makes me want to lick it :laugh:
Great bow.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 06:50:19 am »
  Really like the unbraced profile no set  :)  Good job for a good cause, way to go Chris.
DBar

Its all in the caul Bill! I was hoping to see you up our way big fella. For sure next spring, maybe twice!

Maybe twice?  ??? What two next spring events are you thinking about?  I really do like the territory.  :)

Marshall and pappys! That's two in the spring.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 06:54:42 am »
Thanks for all the kind words guys! My elbows and shoulders have been hollering at me for a while. I haven't worked with the king much lately. The notion of knifing sapwood off gives me the chills. I haven't played with hickory in a good while either. I have zero complaints. It took a bit of set, but not more than any other wood off the same caul. Maybe 1 1/2" or so? Its a fine bow that should last somebody decades.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 09:07:40 am »
    Fine job on that one Chris...I like the color for sure and tiller is immaculate as usual...Someone will be well pleased with that...Wish my name was in the hat!
                                                                                                                                  Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 09:38:11 am »
Very cool Chris.  That's one sweet looking bow

Offline autologus

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2014, 10:20:47 am »
This is one awesome bow, that grey dye job looks amazing.  I like everything about this bow, it sure ought to fetch a lot of donation money.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 05:50:54 pm »
Thanks Don, Matt and Grady! Im thinking I need one just like it, bit lighter, for me.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 07:33:12 pm »
 Michigan is to far away for me Chris, be sure and take a lot of pics of the winner and the shoot for us...
                                                                                                                                                      Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2014, 08:11:04 pm »
Cool looking bow Pearlie, If I could make it my money would be in the pot and I think hickory is only good for cooking.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline RyanR

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2014, 08:27:10 pm »
Nice bow Chris, if I win it I will shoot a deer with it for ya. ;)