Author Topic: racoon target  (Read 1560 times)

Offline JEB

racoon target
« on: July 27, 2014, 03:55:16 pm »
I am in need of a paper raccoon paper target new or used.  I plan on cutting the coon outline out and making a bunch of card board targets for a night time coon shoot.  I have been given several on line free down load targets but they copy small.

I would like some help in locating a target.  Way back when, dad used to sell all kinds of paper targets but now a days you can't hardly locate one.

3 rivers has one but I will have $0.00 invested in one after postage costs.

Offline nclonghunter

Re: racoon target
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:21:38 pm »
If I am understanding correctly, cut the coon shape out of cardboard boxes and put reflective tape for the eyes...should work..
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:35 am »
That is my goal but I need a template or two to trace on cardboard and then cut out the raccoon.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 08:26:50 am »
Are you going to be in Elm Hall this weekend? Ill bet there is a paper coon target there you could trace. I'm almost sure there is for the indoor leagues.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline autologus

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:19:47 am »
You could always take your small printed coon and tape a big piece of paper to the wall and use a flashlight to cast the coon shadow on the paper and adjust the size of the shadow to be the size you want then trace the shadow.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline JEB

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:58:54 am »
Wife and I are packing the trailer and heading over to Elm Hall on Friday morning.  I will check the indoor range for a coon target. Thanks for the tip.