Author Topic: The First Two...  (Read 4044 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

The First Two...
« on: July 21, 2014, 12:44:18 am »
The first two episodes of my show have come out.  I'm pretty excited with all the responses.  They're both on snakes in the area because the majority of the audience is a bunch of snake lovers.  I'll be branching out into other animals as well though.  I'm not sure where this is going to take me but I'll certainly be bringing primitive archery and survival stuff and a deep relationship with nature along wherever I go.  I'll still be making primitive archery videos on my Primitive Tim channel.  Right now I'm working on a primitive bow how to and working on the concept of a primitive fly fishing setup.  The fly rod is all trapper robs fault cause he sent me some flies for no reason with a trade.  So now I have to make a primitive fly rod.  We'll see how that goes.  I just want to catch a fish with it and eat it. lol

Non-venomous Snakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MKK3Sgsruw&list=PLkHkAX00yU3vbyY_5wBbvKduMys-5XzJA&index=3

Pygmy Rattlesnakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVtk_b2Qu9I&list=PLkHkAX00yU3vbyY_5wBbvKduMys-5XzJA&index=4

Anyway, let me know what y'all think.  You can either comment here or on the videos themselves.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline chamookman

Re: The First Two...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:43:26 am »
Way cool Tim - well done ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:15:40 am »
looks like you have a good time doing what you like ,can't beat that.Enjoyed watching
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 01:28:36 pm »
Very cool.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:21:19 pm »
Great introduction to the pygmy rattler.  The snakes you filmed were beauties!  Thanks also for not filming some egocentric macho-bravado crap like catching and harassing the snake. Most snakebites start with someone saying, "hey watch me, I'm Crocodile Hunter!" Number two on that list is,  "Hold my beer, watch this!"

Thanks for showing some restraint as well as respect for the snakes.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:34:31 pm »
Very nicely done Mr Tim!

Offline Zuma

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 02:39:45 pm »
Can't wait to get to a wifi connection to be able to watch your vids.
Making your fly fishing line is going to be a trip. I have full confidence in your ability and want a fillet.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline autologus

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 03:40:57 pm »
Your videos are awesome Tim, the content is superb and the delivery and cinematography is excellent.  You had better be careful though you might mess around and stumble into a career.   >:D

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 07:00:38 pm »
Well done dude...enjoyed them. Almost didn't recognize you with the hair cut.. ;D
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Parnell

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 01:49:09 pm »
They're great!  Enjoyed them Tim!  Keep it up!
1’—>1’

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 03:17:58 pm »
Thanks guys!  I really hope this goes somewhere.  Here soon I'm going to try to get a job as a flight attendant so I make money and be able to fly standby to exotic locations and film.  It'll be like a double whammy!  If anyone has connections in that area that would be awesome, especially with Delta.

JW, it was hard for me to not pick up those pigmy rattlers.  They're just so calm most of the time... lol.  I'm trying to promote respect and understanding of nature and I don't want kids seeing me free handle venomous snakes and try it and get bit.  Though I've caught 4/6 of Florida's venomous snakes.  Not trying to catch them all.  More interested in filming them these days.

Can't wait to get to a wifi connection to be able to watch your vids.
Making your fly fishing line is going to be a trip. I have full confidence in your ability and want a fillet.
Zuma
If it works there will be a video.  most fast food joints have wifi and no shame in stealing it lol :)

I reckon I'll share the videos around the campfire when they come out each week and if any moderators have a problem they can just let me know :)
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 09:45:29 pm »
Ever thought of "product placement"?  A mention of Primitive Archer Magazine might do wonders!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 01:18:40 am »
Ever thought of "product placement"?  A mention of Primitive Archer Magazine might do wonders!
Right now my viewers are mostly animal lovers.  They might not be into the whole killing animals thing. lol

Offline TRACY

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 11:28:45 am »
Congratulations on the show Tim!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline autologus

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 11:54:10 am »
Right now my viewers are mostly animal lovers.  They might not be into the whole killing animals thing. lol

We love animals too especially when they are fried.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.