Author Topic: traffic on "bows"  (Read 10341 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: traffic on "bows"
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2014, 05:02:08 pm »
The tree ID forum may be interesting but it's also too location specific and really there are great sites out there for identifying trees of NA, at least there used to be.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Badger

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2014, 05:13:35 pm »
  The warbow forum worked out really good, has there been any consideration for a flight bow forum?

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:15 pm »
The tree ID forum may be interesting but it's also too location specific and really there are great sites out there for identifying trees of NA, at least there used to be.

I think that would be a good idea just because it is a topic that comes up over and over again. I personally like how there is so much traffic on this site, your questions get answered real quick around here, and there is always someone to give advice.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline JonW

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »
I would like a flight bow forum myself. Never dabbled in it but if I took on a new direction of bow making, flight bows are what I would try.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2014, 08:18:46 pm »
I like PA the way it is,the only thing I can would like is a BOOBOO area were people show there mistake so new guys can learn from them. IE.popped off handle,violated backs,fretts,bad use of tools, ect.....
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2014, 08:32:02 pm »
As a newbie I'll throw in my 2 cents. I get a lot of ideas and information from every level of builder here. To split them us kind of gives a beginner a "Us vs Them" feeling. It is hard enough for some people to ask questions to begin with. Also, who is the judge of who is advanced and who is not?

I agree with this then all "newbies" will be on that page while "experienced" on another I don't think that's a good Idea
I like osage

owlbait

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2014, 09:32:55 pm »
I like the mix here. I get answers and suggestions from the "Elite" and from everyone else like me. That makes me feel welcome. The search function is difficult for me, but I'm a slow learner with the computer AND building selfbows. :)

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2014, 09:46:56 pm »
Been on here for 4 years.... You can bookmark posts? How? I must not be to bright!

Offline bubby

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2014, 10:57:58 pm »
Been on here for 4 years.... You can bookmark posts? How? I must not be to bright!

I know better than that, with windows 7 you right click and a bar pops up at the bottom, theres a icon that look's like a pin, you click on that and it says pin to start or add to favorites
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2014, 06:34:13 am »
When I started this thread I never had in mind to seperate this site in a class A and a class B bowyering.
Just searching to get an easier follow to interesting threads.

I see most of you like it as it is, now then it should be as it is

THANKS FOR THE INPUT
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2014, 06:08:59 pm »
  The warbow forum worked out really good, has there been any consideration for a flight bow forum?

I can see that would be a good thing
they are 2 differant critters for sure
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
re
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2014, 09:12:01 pm »
I would also like to see a flight bow section. this last saturday i got to participate in my first clout shoot. Had a blast and was gonna look on more info about flight bows and such, rather difficult since my search engine thing has disappeared of the web page.
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline dwardo

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2014, 11:30:06 am »
I would like a finished bows sub section too. Would make it so much easier to search for inspiration as others have said.
Often a search for "white oak bow" for instance will pull up a load of threads not relative. Half of this is down to folk naming a thread "oak bow" when all it contains is a question "can a bow be make from white oak.

Not then end of the world if it doesn't happen. But it would leave the main forum for everything else.

Offline Dances with squirrels

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2014, 10:08:28 pm »
I like it the way it is. It's a good healthy mix, IMO. It doesn't make much difference to me, but if finished bows or flight bows were moved, I doubt I would ever go there.
Straight wood may make a better bow, but crooked wood makes a better bowyer

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2014, 07:51:48 am »
Getting it all hashed out I see. ;) :) Yep I like it the way it is, I didn't even like breaking out the cooking section,just one more thing to go to. ??? Flight section might be interesting,not sure how much traffic it would see,sure don't see much about them on here now. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good