Author Topic: traffic on "bows"  (Read 10339 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: traffic on "bows"
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 01:15:09 pm »
What if you didn't split things up but created an archive area just for finished bows.  Once a finished bow reaches say page five or ten on the old posts.  Move it to a finished bow archive that you can not reply to anymore.  That way you aren't cutting things up but simply adding another reference.  Just a thought.  I like things the way they are too.  This would just get both sides happy (in theory)  :)
  I really like this idea!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Newindian

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 01:26:43 pm »
I think it's fine as is but if you have to have some separation perhaps some sort of highlighting or symbol placed on the title of a finished bow. Hell if you got people to agree to it they you could just fill your extra space in the title box with equal signs
I like free stuff.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 01:49:21 pm »
Perhaps a finished only bows section to goggle over and then all other bowyer related things can be posted here.. That way if you just want to see who has finished up bows you can skip right to it.

i agree, itd be nice to have a "bow gallery" so to speak. i still go through pages and pages in the bow section just looking at all the cool bows from all the past years.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 01:52:26 pm »
Sounds like you guys are looking to start an "Advanced Bowyers" forum?  I think the bigger problem is a fairly poor search function.  I am a new bowyer and I try my best to find previous posts that answer my questions but I rarely ever find much when I use the search function.  Just suggestions and thoughts.
Yeah, got to agree the search is about as much use as a torch (flash light?) without batteries. Oddly the search engine on my blog works pretty well.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 01:55:52 pm »
Sounds like you guys are looking to start an "Advanced Bowyers" forum?  I think the bigger problem is a fairly poor search function.  I am a new bowyer and I try my best to find previous posts that answer my questions but I rarely ever find much when I use the search function.  Just suggestions and thoughts.
Yeah, got to agree the search is about as much use as a torch (flash light?) without batteries. Oddly the search engine on my blog works pretty well.
Del

lol yup, flashlight.

Offline Ron Wright

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 01:58:15 pm »
As a newbie I would vote for a board bow section. As far as searching I just use google to search, it's faster and easier. The captchca is very difficult on this site, it takes me a few tries to get it....lol
Great community though!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 04:19:24 pm »
As a newbie I'll throw in my 2 cents. I get a lot of ideas and information from every level of builder here. To split them us kind of gives a beginner a "Us vs Them" feeling. It is hard enough for some people to ask questions to begin with. Also, who is the judge of who is advanced and who is not?
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 04:32:32 pm »
IMHO traffic is good ....questions and other things could be left by the wayside if subcategories were introduced
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline redhawk55

• bowXplosion
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 04:58:35 pm »
I would like to see a Primitive Flightbow- subforum here. The Paleoplanet flightbow- sub has gone down to almost zero traffic. A pity but a fact.
Some of the PP flightbowyers are posting here too, primitive flightbowery is an affair of my heart.
Michael
..........the way of underdoing.............

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 06:09:43 pm »
i love how not a single mod or admin has commented on this lol

Offline Zion

• The blacksmith's mare walks barefoot
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 06:13:26 pm »
i think it's good to have everything mixed up. That way any skill level, whether beginner or advanced, can voice their opinion. I think splitting things up would kinda segregate that. I also think a finished bow gallery thing would be pretty cool, just as something you can go look at for inspiration, etc.
The secret of life is learning to make your own luck.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 07:50:48 pm »
For those who are unhappy with the forum's search function, here's some advice:

Go to google and type "site:primitivearcher.com" before your search criteria.  It will only search the forum and leave other junk results out.  For example, type site:primitivearcher.com "new forum"

Offline Badger

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 09:15:01 pm »
 Red Hawk, I would like to see an international primitive flight club formed with slight changes in the rules. If you or anyone else is interested let me know. We could hold flight shoots near our own towns as often as we wanted instead of once a year at bonneville salt flats.

As for the forums here I would vote for no changes unless they wanted to add a flight forum of course.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 09:44:55 pm »
I think there should be no more subforums. It's just a good way to get ignored. The only idea that I like so far is a finished bow gallery.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 10:16:02 pm »
I started out on PaleoPlanet when it started up and was a Mod for awhile. After awhile they started adding more and more forums and it get really tiresome checking them all out and I very seldom go there anymore. I liked the simplicity of Primitive Archer, even back in the day when it was like arguing with your brothers and cousins ::) ;). I'd really hate to see it get as busy as PP.

And with all of the talented newer people on this site answering some of the same questions some of the older members have answered a dozen times it is kinda relaxing. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?