Author Topic: New 3D arra's  (Read 4667 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
New 3D arra's
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:19:43 am »
Nothing too fancy here. These are made from 50-55 barrel tapered POC I got from "Warpath", a.k.a "G" in trade. You'll notice one has 3 whites, pappy owns that 6th blue barred feather. Its in his cabin on an antique Bear arrow replica. If you ever need shafts or get a chance to swap shafts with "G", I'd suggest you take him up. These are stained yellow for easy retrieval! The blue dots are made with a paint marker. I wanted to "pretty" them up a bit and make them easier to find. I think the dots might help as they are not natural.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New 3D arra's
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:49:14 am »
All of my arrows are 3D.  ;D 2D arrows seem to float and drift too much.   ;)
 Nice arrows Pearlie.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:07:12 am »
PD, those are super. I'm looking for some tapered poplar in that weight range. How can I get in touch with Warpath?
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 11:49:09 am »
Nice looking arrows, very well done,sorry for running you short of feathers, ??? NO I'm not.  ;) :) Hope to get to see them in action soon. ;) :) :)
   pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 11:54:58 am »
Fred just PM him. He is always quick to reply and help out.

That all white looks kind of nice to pappy, Im not missing that one feather too much. Its in a better place now anyhow, Id just lose it in the brush!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:55:24 pm »
Nice batch of arrows Chris, looking forward to doing some shooting with you in a few weeks. Those white nocks will really show up in the targets, I'm no nock hunter but you better watch that some of those other guys don't go gunning for your arrows.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 10:47:13 am »
Looking at the pics with my 3D glasses but nothing stands out? >:D

Real nice set off arrows PD, especially The color pattern of fletching

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline warpath

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 11:13:44 am »
Glad you like the shafts Pearlie!! :) They came out really great!!! Now what are you going to do with those nock-end-tapered shafts I made for you?

Fred- just message me and we can work something out.

G

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 11:57:52 am »
Those are stashed to make special hunting arrows G. Ill probably use turkey feathers and self nocks and some simple cresting. I still have the other 1/2 dozen of these barrels to use up yet!

Offline warpath

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 12:34:06 pm »
Nice!!!!  8)  You know I want to see pics of those huntin' arrows when they're done!!! :)

G

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 10:09:12 pm »
Those white nocks will really show up in the targets, I'm no nock hunter but you better watch that some of those other guys don't go gunning for your arrows.

Boy I won't touch that one..... ;D ;D ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 10:54:34 pm »
Nice looking target arrows.  Those should be easy to find in the leaves behind the targets.  >:D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 05:53:30 am »
I just don't know how they will show up in the sand,lots of that up there also. >:D ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 07:20:44 am »
That's why I shoot in big groups! More the eyes the better.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 12:59:01 pm »
 Chris, reminds me of a blue jay...Nice clean job and attractive combination...
                                                                                                                    Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;