Author Topic: The Kingslayer - Osage R/D 62# @ 26"  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
The Kingslayer - Osage R/D 62# @ 26"
« on: July 11, 2014, 01:35:32 am »
Hey y'all! Here is my new shooter, The Kingslayer. This was my first attempt at Osage, and it was a strange and long trip. I started working this bow out at the Stick and Sage gathering this year and after many experimental failures (64" long recurves are cool and all, but, yeah...) I am very pleased with the outcome. I had a ton of help from Weylin, Dave, Gordon, Art, and Carson with all of my firsts.  Thanks Oregon bowyers! Here are the stats:
Osage orange reflex deflex bow with tagua nut overlays and copper head skin backing. 62# at 26" draw. I opted to replace the first leather handle with the cane wrap, another first, and I quite like the feel of the cane in my hand when holding and shooting. The bow has almost no hand shock and the cast is smooth and fast. I look forward to bringing some elk to the fall "tag soup" gathering this year, thanks to this little shooter. 

Thanks for looking!

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline 4dog

Re: The Kingslayer - Osage R/D 62# @ 26"
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:20 am »
nice work ...like a heavier draw myself..good luck on the hunting with her.   what kind of copperhead species is that...never seen copperheads look like that.?
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 01:52:40 am »
I am not sure what species. The skins look a whole lot different after being oiled though. Really darkened up in spots. The skins were gifted from a  friend in the southern Missouri Ozarks, if that helps with ID.
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline portlandfire

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 03:29:03 am »
   That turned out real nice.  I've got some of the cane material from Carson also.  I hope mine handle wrap turns out as sweet looking as yours .

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 05:06:41 am »
Nice job,beautiful finish work. Those tip are cool. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:36:04 am »
Good job man.  I still need to try and do one of those grips. Mi love the look of them.