Author Topic: Douglas Fur Arrows  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Douglas Fur Arrows
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 01:18:26 pm »
 Seems to me it was 120 but let me check. It's been a while. I did buy small sanding belts and the double sided carpet tape(mesh type) from ACE Hardware. 

Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 02:19:08 pm »
I would have thought for the initial reduction in overall size (parallel) that a heavier grit like maybe 80 to 100 would work better, then finish it up with a finer grit before the finish goes on.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 02:26:19 pm »
I've contacted Charlie Jefferson(stringstretcher). He will know the grit. The one we used was the best to use to get good results. You will have to sand some to get the grit marks out. I'll let you know when Charlie gets back to me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 02:43:21 pm »
Charlie said he thinks 120 also.  I think the problem with courser grit is the marks it leaves are too deep and hard to get out.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 04:18:05 pm »
Thanks, Pat. You saved me a ton of extra work.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »
Do a test first to be sure I know what I'm talking about.  ;D