Author Topic: 45 DAYS LEFT TILL THE DEADLINE!!!!!  (Read 13295 times)

Offline steve.b

Re: 45 DAYS LEFT TILL THE DEADLINE!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2014, 12:31:08 pm »
I'm not involved in this bow trade, but hope to be in a future one, after I've honed my skills a bit, and am confident I would deliver something I would be proud of.

Obviously making the trade invite only would cause lots of people to miss out on opportunity, could something else be done that might keep it open to everyone but make it a little more easy to manage.

Perhaps on the next bow trade, everyone signs up and gets their trading partner ahead of time but a time to build deadline is set, and no bow is shipped until then. By that deadline everyone could confirm that they had a bow complete if someone didn't their trading partner could find a new trading partner. Then when everyone has confirmed they have the bows ready they could be sent with like a two week deadline to send.

Obviously there's a lot of history around this and I've not been a part of it, so this is only a suggestion and I will not be at all offended if it's not taken up.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2014, 12:53:28 pm »
Those thoughts and many others have been tossed around many times Steve. A guy is either worth his salt, or he isn't. I think this swap is what makes PA an even tighter "family" than any other site. You learn fast who is worth a s**t and who isn't. We tend to cling to those with integrity and morals, and that makes us tighter around here.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2014, 01:12:35 pm »
ive had a similar idea. you cant send your bow till the other guy is ready to send his and you wont get their address till they are done too. motivation to get a bow finished, you wont get one if you dont finish one.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2014, 01:18:50 pm »
ive had a similar idea. you cant send your bow till the other guy is ready to send his and you wont get their address till they are done too. motivation to get a bow finished, you wont get one if you dont finish one.

That would work.  The operant word is "work".  It would be a bit of juggling to keep all the data straight and accurate. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 01:24:18 pm »
touche

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 01:38:04 pm »
You guys are doing a great job. I can't imagine how much work it is.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2014, 01:39:45 pm »
We have had since early February to get our trade bows finished, that is 5 months! Anyone can build a wood bow in 5 months. Heck you can cut a tree, split out a stave, debark it, reduce the stave to floor tiller stage, air dry for 3 months and finish building the bow in 5 months...but most want to wait until the last minute and rush through the process. I have also been guilty of this.
 You now have 45 days to complete the bow for your recipient. That is 6 weeks, 6 weekends, summertime and a holiday or two during that time. That should be plenty of time to complete, shoot in and ship your recipients bow.

Who has not even started their trade bow yet? Don't answer, just get off your a$$ and get 'er done!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 01:44:01 pm »
You guys are doing a great job. I can't imagine how much work it is.

There is very little work to a bow trade...if people make their bows in a timely fashion.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JonW

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 03:12:54 pm »
If I participated in every trade we ever had on this site and never got something in return I would still participate. I enjoy giving. I sure as heck am not gonna let a stick of wood turn me into a bitter old man. Now I'll get off my soapbox.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »
You really have to experience it to you to know what it feels like. Its not the lack of receiving that gets to you, its the fact somebody could actually do it to another person that eats you up.

And, if you enjoy giving so damn much, send me one of your jewels please and thanks! :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JonW

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 03:20:22 pm »
Chris you got it man. Shoot me a pm.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 03:20:51 pm »
That was easy! I like how this swap is working out so far.

Offline JonW

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2014, 03:22:58 pm »
Who said we were swapping?  ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2014, 03:38:18 pm »
Don't think I can dig up your address huh? hahahaha!

Offline 4dog

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 03:46:29 pm »
judt for the sake of my ignorance...what would be a "hand out bow"...cause that just sounds bad.   O:)
"SET" is always there !!!