Author Topic: 45 DAYS LEFT TILL THE DEADLINE!!!!!  (Read 13296 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 45 DAYS LEFT TILL THE DEADLINE!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 09:02:34 pm »
Im going to copy and paste that for latter use. It cant be reiterated enough. Well said my man.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 10:57:02 pm »
Don't worry Jordo, let me do that part  ;)
It will be done! I just hope it is near as good as I got.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 11:37:24 pm »
I almost got all the poly on and just need to serve the string and put on some fur and leather. Can I have 46 days? >:D
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 11:38:04 pm »
There is no excuse for not following through on your trade. Sorry, if you had time to get your wife pregnant, you still had nine months to build a bow you promised. I've done this trade 3 times and I'm done for awhile since I got a "hand out" bow 2 out of 3 times. I was really disgusted last year to see an old member that had just bragged about making 100's of bows get one and disappear only to be one of the worshipped ones on the Paleoplanet site and even come back on this site briefly till I called him out. Anybody that wants to know who they are PM me. We had five Ripoff Artist last year, there is no reason for that given the time allowed and unless you are dead be a man and let someone know why.

To me, there is nothing worse then a thief. And you can sugar coat it, but that is what you are doing when you take the cheap way out because your Man parts shrunk up and you can't be honest.

If you can't/ or don't have the experience, sit it out until you do. Just think it through before you commit if you care about your reputation. Because, if I can get a phone number, I will call you to find out why you didn't follow through.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 11:41:22 pm »
I almost got all the poly on and just need to serve the string and put on some fur and leather. Can I have 46 days? >:D

46 days?  Are you gonna grow the fur on the bow???   ;D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 11:58:18 pm »
This has been a good post to read.  Thanks for all who are participating.  I am just finishing up some arrows.  I'm seeing off the short ash recurve.  I have been shooting it a lot lately and I'm going to miss this one.  It has taken a little more set, but it shoots pretty sweet.  There are things about it that are my fave to date.  It was the first one I induced recurves on.  I am happy with it.  I hope my victim likes it too.  It is strange to give one to another bowyer.  It is kinda a test for me.  To know if my bows are decent bows. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 12:05:44 am »
This has been a good post to read.  Thanks for all who are participating.  I am just finishing up some arrows.  I'm seeing off the short ash recurve.  I have been shooting it a lot lately and I'm going to miss this one.  It has taken a little more set, but it shoots pretty sweet.  There are things about it that are my fave to date.  It was the first one I induced recurves on.  I am happy with it.  I hope my victim likes it too.  It is strange to give one to another bowyer.  It is kinda a test for me.  To know if my bows are decent bows.

When there is a twinge of regret...
When it is a favorite...
When you tried something new AND IT WORKED...

Yeah, that's the time to send it along.  That's the spirit!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2014, 12:11:02 am »
That was my thought too.  I tried a few others but I didn't want to keep them  :)

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2014, 12:12:58 am »
It should be done within the week. Hopefully it does the trick.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline bubby

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2014, 12:18:12 am »
Well said Pat and Eddie, I couldn't agree more, I give jordo a lot of crap but he's a hell of a guy and with what hes going thru if he can get his bow done on time so can the rest of yall
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2014, 12:21:38 am »
Thanks for your help too Bubby.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 12:57:22 am »
Well said Pat and Eddie, I couldn't agree more, I give jordo a lot of crap but he's a hell of a guy and with what hes going thru if he can get his bow done on time so can the rest of yall

Bubby just went to the hospital because of how bad this hurt to say lol >:D

Offline bubby

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:11 am »
Shutup and get your bow done >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 12:08:07 pm »
 ;D I guess ill chime in here. Ill start by thanking the powers that be for running this trade its a lot of work. Most of you know i like pat have been in every trade since they started on here and enjoyed every one. As far as i know no one has been sad about getting one of my bows. that being said the bow im making for (  >:D ) is shot in and has 5 coats of finish  just 2 more to go handle wrap and shiped. hopefully this week. Just like everyone else life tends to get in the way. Flooded bow shop, Horse had cancer surgery and so on. Every year theres a couple peeps that dont finish the trade. On that note i will throw in  my name for make up bows. I didnt get lucky to get what i wanted out of the first 3 bows i made so he gets #4 lol. I will continue to be in the trades as long as they are available. Its not about the bow i get its about the bow i send. I dont sell bows i trade them or give them away to peeps to try and get more peeps into the sport. I have found that i live in an area where there arnt any traditional bowyers. So thanks to all the peeps that have contributed to me knowledge base and helped me along the trail to get here. I worry every time i send out a bow that the person getting the bow wont like it hasent happened yet but still worry. So i build the best bow that i can. To those of you that have one of my bows i only hope they bring as much pleasure to you shooting and hunting with them as i had making them. Thanks again to the folks that dedicate there time to run these trades and i hope theres many more to come in the future. Ill be in them to

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 12:14:33 pm »
I got one of Kitty katts bows and he aint lyin, its a sweet bow man.