Author Topic: My first Black Locust Bow  (Read 4546 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Re: My first Black Locust Bow
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 08:01:48 am »
Here's what I see...And with all fairness without an unbraced front and side profile it is hard to critique the tiller...I see the outers working with the inner limbs...Would love to see unbraced pics bobobow...Looks like a screamer...That's some bend on Black Locust!
                                                                                                     Don
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:09:03 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Bobobow

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 03:00:42 pm »
I have shot approx. 1500 arrows with her since May, nice groups, one of the funnest shooting bows I own, not a single chrysal or stress mark (yet), ...  oh but life is to short to say shoulda, coulda, woulda  :)

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 08:23:15 pm »
The full draw looks a little like a Molly profile to me?  :-\
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 09:46:11 pm »
Molly bend is what I was thinking too, if thats the case, I don't see anything wrong with it. Nice Bow!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 05:40:29 am »
Guess he is happy with it, :-\ and if that's the case I am happy with it also. Very nice job. :) Took me 3 run throughs on his last post,I'm a slow reader. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bobobow

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 06:41:19 pm »
Wow thanks for all the feedback, it is really helpful to get so many perspectives, It is just nice to know so many share the love of making these darn things, I will post a unbraced shot soon been traveling now for a few days.  it is really a joy, I have broken more than I have completed, and for those who have had one really explode! It is truly amazing and scarey!  They really do go boom!  Anyhow thanks for your input.  cant wait to post my nest one, a yew flat bow.....