Author Topic: Went to the artifact show in Sedalia, Missouri yesterday- Pictures ADDED!  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Patches

The West Central chapter of the Missouri Archaeological Society had its Artifact show in Sedalia, MO yesterday. It is a once a year get together for people to show off their personnel collections. It's for show only, no trading or selling by members. It was neat to see all the beautiful points that have been collected. I am just starting to learn to knap, so seeing these points motivates me even more. I apologize thta there are no pictures of points.  I had to change carsd in my camera and have misplaced my card with the photos of all the points. The photos I posted are of bannerstones and a celts.  The celt is authentic, it was put on the handle by someone in Marshall, MO I believe. 

It would be worth the time to attend if you are ever in Sedalia, Missouri the last Saturday of June. It is not geared toward bow making, but for anyone interested in artifacts, archeology, the history of humans in North America, there is a wealth of knowledge in the people that put the Artifact show together.

Neal
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:45:34 pm by Patches »
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Went to the artifact show in Sedalia, Missouri yesterday
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:42:33 am »
I wish i would have known about this! Im only 1hr away. Dang. Is there a mailing list to get on? I bet it was a blast... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Patches

Brian, It was not heavily advertised for some reason.   I had went to a presention presented by the West Central Chapter of the MAS, and they had mentioned it then, and then I seen a small blurb in the events section of the Rural Missouri paper. It was held in Liberty Park in Sedalia.  If I can get the information on it early enough next year, I will be sure and post it on PA.   
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline JW_Halverson

The PA crowd is certainly their demographic! That first bannerstone posted is amazing!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JEB

OUTSTANDING display.  Would that first artifact be made out of pudding stone?  In Michigan our pudding stone has a white base and that one has a black base with assorted rock.